Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I really pregnant?

My partner and I have been trying for our first baby since the beginning of june. I havent missed a period yet (it is due this week sometime) and I'm not sure how long my cycle is although the end of my last period was the 28th of may (I marked it down to help me figure out how long my cycle was) All last week whenever I ate I felt a little sick and one night woke up feeling quite sick for no reason. I've also had period like pains but sometime felt a bit 'wrong' or not normal. I took one of those first response can test 7 days before missed period tests on a whim because of how I had been feeling and it came back with a real faint second line. The next morning not sure whether I did it right or not I took another test which came back negative...confused by this I later took a third which came back with a second faint line again. (The double packs were buy 1 get 1 free before you think I spent crazy amounts of money on these tests) But basically I'm trying to wait to miss my period and these last few days the period like pains are worse but as I'm not really sure when my period is due the wait is really killing me. I'm not sure what to stop eating, can I lift heavy things etc etc because I don't want to cause any damage if I am pregnant and I'm not sure whether to get super excited about it or not. :? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    Apparently you can't get a false positive, don't want to get your hopes up. Maybe do a digital one with the first wee of the day in the morning when the hormone is more concentrated. The symptoms you describe are typical early pregnancy symptoms. Have you suddenly found the smell of some things overwhelmngly disgusting or burst out crying for no reason? Anyway, it all sounds very positive!!!! Let us know the outcome
  • Options
    image yep agree with flubbaboo

don't do anything too strenuous and stay away from foods on the pregnancy avoid list

congrats hun image

Mrs T and bump xxx
  • Options
    I had took a clear blue test (not the digital one) and it came up with such a faint line, you could barely see it in certain light. So i wasnt sure if i was. Then a few days later I took a cheapy test and it came up negitive. I had light bleeding for a day and a half then it stopped (I had the same with my daughter) done another test 2 weeks later as i was dizzy and heartburn was killing me, and it came up positive straight away.

I was counting being pregnant from the light bleed I had, but the MW told me that wasnt a proper period and that eventhough the line was really faint, that it was just because my HCG levels were so low and the cheapy must not have picked them up. So Ive been moved from 10+6 preg to 13+5 (I just hoping my scan doesnt put me back haha)

You should def do as the girls suggested and go get one of those clearblue digital ones. Itll tell you if youre pregnant or not. Good luck, and sorry for the essay haha xxx
  • Options
    Have you tested again yet? Excited to find out! Good Luck x
  • Options
    Sounds like you could be but maybe wait two more days and then re-test. But if the line is there, then its a BFP.
  • Options
    I did one of those clear blue digital ones today as suggested...I was going to wait a few more days but its so hard waiting. This was one of those ones that has a conceive calculator on it as well and it came back positive and estimates my conception time as 2-3 weeks ago which in doctors terms it says is 4-5 weeks so I called my doctors to book the first appointment that I could get which is the 1st of july. I'm really excited image Thanks for all the help and advice image
  • Options
    Congratulations image those clear blue digital ones are the best cause there is no guessing if there is a faint line haha. Really thrilled for you xx
  • Options
    Yay! Congratulations!! YOu didn't waste any time! lol xx
  • Options
    Yeeha! Great news! I did 4 tests before I believed the results :lol:
  • Options
    image Congratulations!!

Mrs T and bump xxx