Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Fluid leak?

Hi Ladies, I have been out for the day with my little boy at a play farm and was sat on the edge of a trampoline playing, when I stood up there was a fair amount of fluid on the trampoline and my trousers were wet so I thought great, what the hell have I sat in? There was nowhere for the fluid to come from, and I didn't have a drink. Then it dawned on me, was it from me?? I went to the loos and my knickers were really wet and my trousers, I dried myself off best I could and have carried on. But the more I think about it the more I'm thinking this could have been an amnioctic fluid leak? Anyone had one? What should I do?? Its more awkward as I'm staying at my dads 200 miles from home. I have my notes but nothing else, he's at work and I need to look after my toddler xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Malkymum.

I think you'd be best ringing labour ward just to see their opinion. Not to worry you but it could be a number of things, including amniotic fluid so probably best getting checked out. Let us know how you get on...

Peanut x
  • Options
    how many weeks are you? not to be rude but was it hot where you were yesterday, with this heat im like dripping in sweat and i know if i sit down i can leave a good sweat patch behind, could this be it??

but i would definately ring labour ward and see what they say, its always best to be safe than sorry, hope alls ok xxxxx
  • Options
    i would ring the labour ward as well. just to be on the safe side. i also agree with sammybump, if its very hot out it may have been sweat or any number of things but best to double check. xx
  • Options
    I'm 27 weeks, and I was only sat down for a couple of minutes and the fluid seemed to be down one side of my leg so I don't think it was sweat.

I haven't had anything today and baby has been very active, I've not rung the local labour ward (I know thats a bit naughty) but I'm stuck if they ask me to go in as I can't be treated and keep an eye on a hyper toddler xxx
  • Options
    Hi

I think you ought to ring the labour ward. If it is a fluid leak you MUST be seen.