Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

pregnant with colitis?

i am just wondering is there anyone out there that is pregnant that has colitis,(a bowel disease similar to crohns). i am 7 + 4days pregant and have been off my medcation which was 4 g daily of pentasa for about 2 months now and i am have a flare up of the colitis. im am very worried about being off the meds for the duration of the pg as i want my baby to be healthy but also want myself to be healthy. has anyone with uc taken meds while pregnant or if not what did they do to ease it, it is torture along with the morning sickness and the baby getting comfy cramps image

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

I have Chrons and my consultant is happy with me taking my 200mg pentasa twice a day, i called the day I got my BFP and he said it isnt contraindicated in pregnancy. might be worth checking if u can continue taking your meds I amslo take omeprazole 20mg once day!! I still get tummy pains and i have no idea what they are! Thinking maybe round ligament pains!! The main problem is i cant take buscapan which i normally take for crmps, but I normally just take some time in the evening for a bath and to avoid stress as that makes it worse!!! Hope its been some help but i would defo recommend the docs advice on the meds.

xxx
  • Options
    Hi and congrats I too have UC and I'm almost 12 weeks currently taking my daily 150mg of Azathioprine and feel your pain its been a hard choice to carry on with my drugs but my gastro team have assured me its better for me to remain healthy so bean can too and so far so good I have my scan next week so that will be the first real test everything is tickety boo. I agree with broodychops speask to your team as soon as you can and try to relax

Keep us posted x