Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant again but bleeding on and off.

Hi

I hate to be here and writing this, but here goes.

I had a 2nd miscarriage in March 2011 and had a erpc. 9 weeks later I found out I was pregnant again and I am now about 9 weeks.

About 3 weeks ago I had some red bleeding which stopped pretty much straight away. I was sent for an early scan and despite thinking the worst we saw a tiny blob with a flickering heartbeat. The sonographer said I had a haematoma which was most likely to be the cause of the bleeding and that I could have some more bleeding but not to worry.

About a week later I did have some brown blood but when I went to the doctor, she said just to wait and see if it got worse. Again it stopped straight away so I wasnt too concerned.

Yesterday when I got up and wiped after going to the loo I had some more brown discharge which stopped over the day and again the same has happened today. I have some mild achey cramp type pains but just have such a bad feeling as the morning sickness I was having seems to have dissapeared. I am going to the doctors later and Im really hoping that they will arrange another scan. I cant bear to wait until the 12 week scan as I feel I need an answer one way or another. I cant concentrate on anything else and have had to take the day off work today.

I am so fed up. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    hi shrewpin

so sorry youre going through this - dont have any advice really but just wanted to wish you the best at the scan. try not to think the worst, have some hope sweety.

thinking of you. sorry i couldnt be of any help image

sb

xx
  • Options
    Hi there,

I am sorry to hear what you are going through,I know how it feels

A bit of advice the midwife gave me yesterday was that not all bleeding means the worst, if you do have any kind of bleeding get your feet up and rest. Dark blood can sometimes be old blood coming through, or it may have been around the time your a/f was due.

If the bleeding gets heavy and is bright red and comes with pain you must get yourself to the EPU. Either way just call them for advice, i did they are really nice and sometimes it is good to hear a re assuring voice

I hope everything works out ok for you, thinking about you

take care x x x