Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What exactly is the point of morning sickness? Fed up!

Sorry for the moan. I'm 8+3 and have been throwing up everyday for the past four weeks. I feel so emotionally and physically drained by this all and end up in tears most days. I have a 15 month old and work from home as a freelance graphic designer so have to meet deadlines regardless of how I feel image this is so tough and I feel ungrateful for comPlaining. If one more person says 'well at least it's reassurance that the baby is ok' I will slap them!!!

Replies

• Options
    oh hun dont listen to them, morning sickness is so awful.

i really wish we didnt have to endure it, or that we were in the 20% who didnt get it image

im hoping you'll be out the woods soon

xxxx
  • Options
    hi, didnt want to read and run as feel so sorry for you. Being sick is the pits, im afraid im in the 20% who never had a single episode of it hun (sorry...) but i do sympathise it must be horrendous and very draining.

People don't know what else to say but there is actually not a lot known about morning sickness and it isnt known why some people have it and others don't - it also doesnt affect miscarriage rates one way or the other (sorry, i might not actually be helping very much, but at least you can tell them this and shut them up!)

its thought to be some kind of protective response to stop you eating/drinking anything that won't agree with you and bubs - although i agree whats the point if it means you cant eat or drink anything! Babies are parasites though and manage very well to grow regardless. And the good news is by 2nd trimester the vast majority feel much better, coz the baby has a proper placenta rather than needing to produce HCG which makes you sick.

Hope yours lifts very soon xxx
  • Options
    the sickness indicates that your hormones are all over the place which is what people are referring to when they say 'well at least it's reassurance that the baby is ok'

People say some stupid things when your pregnant so i wouldn't take much notice!!
  • Options
    Ah hun, Im sorry that you are feeling pants. I too I'm pleased to say am in that wonderful 20% of neither feeling or being sick but I sympathise. You will soon enter the wonderful realm of the 2nd trimester image
  • Options
    i started being sick in my 2nd trimester!!! fortunately only last 2 weeks!!
  • Options
    Aw hun sorry you're feeling rubbish, people just probably don't know what to say because there's nothing they can do to make you feel better.

I'm waking up every day expecting to feel sick but nothing yet. Last time I didn't start til about 7 or 8 weeks though so I shouldn't be wishing the time away.