Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Early Scan Question

I have an early scan on Friday morning due to being on clomid. I'll be 8+1. Is it likely to be an internal scan or an ultrasound at this stage?

Thanks, Shell x

Replies

• Options
    It'll usually be an internal scan hun. Some sonographers are will to try an abdominal scan after 8 weeks buts it's so difficult to get a clear picture and see everything you want to see...like bubbas heartbeat internal is much better hth xx
  • Options
    OK thanks image Eeeek im sooooo nervous! x
  • Options
    Good luck hun xx
  • Options
    they will try an external one first and then an internal. They honestly do not hurt one little bit so please dont worry and good luck. Both mine are clomid babies, i think it is a wonder drug! x
  • Options
    at 7 weeks i had an external and we saw baby and heard HB
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies image

For an external do you need a full bladder? x
  • Options
    Hi,

When I went for my scan at 8 weeks it was an external scan. it is better to have a full bladder because it makes it much clearer to see the baby. I went with a full bladder because I was told it would be an external scan but if they can't see it clearly they will then do an internal scan as it gives more detail. Good luck!! xx
  • Options
    Hi, I had one yesterday at 8 weeks and it was an internal scan. The clinic said they always do internal for under 10 weeks, but it sounds like it depends on the clinic.

Don't worry at all though - it really doesn't hurt at all. Think DH was more daunted than me!

xx
  • Options
    I think I'll give them a call in the morning to see which they will do, I have a feeling internal as I haven't been told otherwise. I just dont want to be sat in the waiting room bursting for a pee if there is no need! :lol:

Im not worried about an internal as I have had a couple already due to PCOS and clomid.

xx