Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Please HELP

Hi

i was wondering if anyone has had the same experience as me and if so could they help me in understanding whats going on. This is my second baby, i had a very uncomplicated first pregnancy. This time around i found out before my period was actually due but i thought i was about 6-7 weeks. I have an erosion on my cervix which was diagnosed a few months ago it caused bleeding during exercise etc. So on Friday the brown discharge started so i went to the hospital and got an internal examination and the doctor told me everything looked fine but she would take my bloods and book me in for a scan on sunday. I went yesterday and the lady doing the scan was most unhelpful she tried to do an external scan and said my bladder wasnt full enough so did an internal one but my bladder was full. She sad she couldnt see anything at the time. Was made to wait to see a doctor who said they were taking precautions for an non viable pregnancy BUT the doctor said he could see what looked like to be a sac. So i had more bloods taken my first hcg results on friday were 4300 ish...on sunday they were 8500 ish...because of the high amount the scanner told me she should be able to see something clearly. The nurse rang me sunday telling me that they are no longer worried because the blood tests are rising normally as a viable pregnancy should be it may just have been to early to see on the scan and that i had my dates wrong!!!...now im petrified of going back tomorrow incase they tell me something else!! x

Replies

• Options
    goodness me you are being messed around!

the stupid lady who did your scan should have asked you to empty your bladder before doing an internal - i have had two internal scans and that happened both times.

if you think you are 6-7 weeks, then they should have seen something on the scan and probably a heartbeat. But if you are a week earlier than that, then given your hormone levels are doubling every 48 hours, you are probably ok. could your dates be slightly out? at that stage of pregnancy, just a week's difference in the dates can make all the difference between what you see on a scan.

i really hope everything turns out ok for you.

• Options
    Thank you for your reply. yeah im just wondering whether i ovulated late if thats possible and that im a week out in my dates...and with my first baby i remembering having an internal scan and having to have my bladder empty so that confused me also! im so hoping after my blood tests tomorrow that they are still doubling!! it was so confusing yesterday one minute being told im probably having an ectopic pregnancy and then the next telling me that they were all very suprised at my hcg levels...but thank you very much you just wrote what i was thinking so i feel a little better! fingers crossed! x
  • Options
    Just with an update : my new bloods put my hcg level at 19000 so more than doubled from sunday, they are scanning me next tuesday but they say if this pregnancy wasnt viable they wouldnt double as they have done! i obviously had my dates wrong! but the position i was in was scary and horrible and if anyone else reading this is going through the same thing i hope by reading my experience gives them hope! x x
  • Options
    Hi there,

Just wanted to say that a similar thing happened to me with this pregnancy. The scan showed only a sac but no HB. There should have been a HB going from my dates. But my hCG levels dbled in 48hrs & the wonderful nurse that runs EPU at my hospital said this is the MOST important thing in early pregnancy.

All was fine & still is. I have also had bleeds but not through cervical ersosion, and I also had a very simple pg with my son but this time it is definitely not so simple (to put it mildly image ), hope you're not the same!

• Options
    so pleased to hear all is ok.

• Options
    UPDATE:

Was rushed into hospital last night doubled over in agony with pain...bloods taken HCG level had doubled once again. Went for a scan today and there was my little baba with its little flickering heartbeat!!!...turns out i have fluid in my tummy from a cyst that had burst on my ovary! hence the pain!...the fluid is shifting itself so i dont need medical intervention!...the ladies doing the scan today were amazing it makes such a difference! im only 6 weeks! but everything was normal! im so relieved! i can finally sleep soundly! thank you all so much for your kind words! it helped a lot x x
  • Options
    Glad everything is ok! I had similar with my first pg as I had a scan at what should have been 6.5 weeks based on my LMP but there was no hb. Didn't get offered bloods but was told to come back a week later to see if pg was viable and thankfully it was and we could see a hb. Sonographer said that hb usually visible by 6.5 weeks but if implantation was late LMP may say you're further along that you actually are.
  • Options
    fantastic that you have seen your baby's heartbeat and glad to hear your scan experience was so much better.

hope the rest of your pregnancy goes nice and smoothly with no more dramas!

• Options
    so pleased all is going well xxx hope the rest of ur pregnancy goes smoothly xx