Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

HCG levels? bit confused about CBD tests.

Hello,

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant, although according to fertility friend (and my OV sticks) I OV'd on day 25, so today I am only 18dpo.

I got my first line on an internet cheapy POAS at 8dpo. I've been doing one a day ever since and the line is getting progressively darker. image

I did a CBD at 9dpo (1-2 weeks), 12dpo (2-3 weeks), and yesterday at 17 dpo it very quickly registered 3+ weeks. This has confused me a little as surely it should have still been registering 2- 3 weeks at 17dpo?

I'm guessing that not everyone's hormone levels are the same, and that maybe my hcg levels are high for some reason. I was just wondering whether anyone else has registered 3+ weeks well before they should, and also what this might mean. I'm hoping that having high hcg levels is a good sign that everything is changing the way it should. This is my first pregnancy.

Thanks everyone.

Replies

• Options
    That's right, you can't rely on them to be 100% accurate in terms of dates as people's levels vary. As long as it is saying positive that is the main thnig!
  • Options
    I would just take it as a positive sign of how well your pg is progressing. There is a large range for hCG levels, so I really wouldn't worry - it just shows that levels are rising as they should be.

Now, stop buying CBD - they cost a fortune!!!!

Congratulations,

• Options
    In both my pregnancies the CBD has read 3+ before it 'should' have.

CBD just works on an average hormone level...some peoples are lower, some are higher.

xx