Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What do you think? Boy or girl??

Hi ladies im 17 + 1 today with my second baby! ive got a feeling its a boy, but did with my lg lol! but this time im gettin all signs like the heart rate being 120 bpm and ppl sayin they fink its a boy, baby was extremely lazy at the 12 week scan and i keep callin baby a him!! i really dont mind what i have aslong as baby is healthy, but i just cant help but wander!lol what u reckon?? x x

Replies

• Options
    Im wondering the same, got my scan in a week and hope to find out. Am convinced its a boy from day 1 and others have said the same, hb was over 120 but i dont really believe in those signs, guess just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    My ds heartbeat was always 170 - as he was always active and he was doing sommersualts on my 12 weeks scan.

Are you going to find out at your 20 week scan what you are having if so you not got long to wait to find out x x
  • Options
    Magicmerlin the old wifes tale is that if its a boy its below 141 bpm if over that its a girl! my babys hb sounds like a train too, n i keep callin baby a He so I think il be shocked if its a girl lol!

Gemmacaiden, my baby was very lazy maybe thats why the hb is low lol!so i'll wait and see til the 20 wk scan which is a week on tuesday!! i really cant wait to see baby again n find out what the sex is! I thought my LG would be a boy, but i always thought id have a boy first b4 i even got pregnant lol! so i was very shocked when I was told at the scan she was a she!! but extremely happy coz i fink deep down i wanted a girl first! although i really dont and didn't mind as long as my babies are happy and healthy! image x x
  • Options
    With DD1 we were convinced she was a boy until I went into labour & MW pointed out her fetal heartrate was indicating a girl. DD2 we knew would be more likely a girl based on the same pattern (all heartrates were 140+). If your notes are saying heartrate 120 it's more than likely a boy.
  • Options
    Thanks KazzieM i go for my 20wk scan today so hopefully baby will be ok n wont have legs crossed lol!! will let yas know what baby is if i find out image xx
  • Options
    My Sons heart rate was always measured at 140 -147? so maybe not always accurate xxx Good luck at ur 20 week scan xxx image
  • Options
    baby is a girl!!! im quite shocked but over the moon to have another girl and that shes healthy! my placenta is at the front too so i reckon thats why ive not felt many movements,so maybe baby isnt lazy after all lol! also baby is so low down coz shes head down already bless her but obv she cud move out at anytime! my lg is called Lily-Ella and were finkin poppy for this baby but were tryin to make it hyphernated like Lily's is so were thinkin of another name to go with it if u have any ideas lol xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations, a baby girl image!! Love the name popppy huni it's so cute. How about poppy-may or poppy-mae / poppy-grace

xx
  • Options
    ahh how lovely xxx Poppy-rose Poppy-mae poppy-ann xx
  • Options
    poppy-ann is very cute image
  • Options
    Thanks ladies i love Poppy-mae! and my husband loves Poppy-Ann! so I guess its a case of deciding out of the two lol! xx