Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Waxing?

Can anyone advise me on the safety of waxing in the first trimester? I'm almost seven weeks pregnant and I usually have a Brazilian bikini wax every four weeks, but missed my last appointment - so it's long overdue! I've already googled this and most things I read say it's fine but this is a much longed for baby and I don't want to do anything which may jeopardise the pregnancy. I think I will phone the GP later but thought I would ask here first as you ladies always seem so helpful and knowledgeable!

Thanks in advance,

Nic xx

Replies

• Options
    I would advise the beautician you are pregnant, I believe it is safe but it will probably hurt more as skin will be more sensitive
  • Options
    As above, advise any beautician you are expecting & how far along you are. Your skin will get more sensitive as your pregnancy progresses due to the change in hormones so be prepared for extra 'discomfort' & longer lasting redness.
  • Options
    Thank you xx
  • Options
    I'm a beautician and it is safe but some women find it more painful when being waxed during pregnancy. xx
  • Options
    Thanks, Rosapenny, I'll need to brace myself then. I think it's going to be a sore one having left it for almost eight weeks! Poor hubby (and poor beautician!).

Nic xx