Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

g/c bloody Cerazette - pls help lovely pg ladies!

Hi ladies,

I was on microgynon happily for years and was regular etc, however when b'feeding dd1 i was put on cerazette. I was on it for 3m's (with regualar bleeds), came off for a month as forgot to make dr's appt, and then went on it for 3m's where at first i spotted every week, and then had my last spotting on the 6th November and then nothing at all after. Stopped it completly on the 24th December, and i've had nothing since.

I'm just beginning to panic slighty as i've googled (silly) and have read all these horror stories about really really messed up cycles and people strugging to get pg after it.

Anybody on here able to put my mind at ease?!?! please!! :?

Replies

• Options
    I was on microgynon too then got put on cerazette, was on cerazette for 2 years. Came off it last June and an now 9 weeks pregnant. Took us 6 months to conceive but some of that time I ovulated later than I thought so missed it or hubby was away. Like u I googled it but don't read everything on there as I am a success story and I know there are others too! Good luck ttc!
  • Options
    I was on cerazette for 6 months after dd was born, I came off it last september and had af both Oct and Nov but irregular, then Dec was back to normal 28 days and got bfp in Jan so overall it took four months for me to have a normal cycle and concieve - hope this helps.x
  • Options
    Hi,

I was on Cerazette and came off last Sept (mid Sept). I was getting concerned when 6 weeks later I had not had a bleed then on 21st Oct I had a small bleed which lasted half a day which I used as a period date for dating the pregnancy. Turns out it does seem to have been a period as my dates match the scan dates.

Anyway, I came off in mid Sept after 18 months on it and fell pg at the beginning of Nov - found out I was pg on Nov 18th so very speedy for us 1.5 - 2 months since coming off it. I am now 14+2.

Try not to read too much - easier said than done I know as we are all so different.

Yours has been 5 weeks since coming off the pill so maybe like me you'll get something in the next couple of weeks.

Good luck xxx
  • Options
    i found this pill ok to be on but if we have anymore kids i defo wont use this inbetween again..its taken us 5 months to convieve since stopping this pill and i didnt really get a normal period that whole time...pain in the butt!! means determining dates is a prob...dont know why its harder with this pill. love to find out??
  • Options
    I was on cerazette for a few years, and had no periods while on it, it was fab!! I think that's quite common. I came off it and cycles returned to normal within a couple of months, then I fell pg first month of trying! image Sadly that pg ended in a mc, but since then have had a dd and am now pg with no 2.

I don't think I would go back on it, but it's not cerazette in particular, I just don't want to go back on any pill.

Hope that helps. xx
  • Options
    I was on cerazette before falling pregnant with my youngest, went back on it after having her in Dec 09 and came off it again end of October last year. Didn't have periods while on it, but did have occasional erratic spotting. No sign of AF until start of Dec and then conceived mid December. I was really worried it would mess up my chances, but having read a multitude of forums, it seems like it's not as bad as some of the opinions would have you believe. Incidentally, I used an online ovulation calculator to up our chances and I'm sure that helped too.
  • Options
    I was on cerazette after having my daughter for a year. I came off it on her first birthday and was pregnant within two weeks! :roll: So it didn't bother my cycles much.

H xx
  • Options
    I was on Cerazette when i fell pregnant xx