Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pinkish discharge...? Any thoughts?

Hello, everyone, I've just transferred across from You and Your Wedding site to ask a quick question:

I had my contraceptive implant removed on 10th January 2012 and came on my period the next day which seemed like a normal period (but maybe it was just a withdrawal bleed?)

For the week following that me and my partner have been having sex using the withdrawal method a few times, then on Thursday 26th Jan we had our first sex where he finished in me (sorry to be so blunt!) and again on Friday and then again on Saturday (last night) What I am wondering is, on the Thursday, so only a day after first unprotected sex, I has the slightest of pink discharge, then again on the Friday, but just on those two single occasions after seeing it on tissue from after using the bathroom. Would that have been too soon for implantation bleeding or not?

As I've been on the implant for about 3/4 years prior to this, I have NO idea what my natural cycle is or when to expect my next period. Just wondered what your thoughts are or if anyone's been in similar situation this close from having the implant removed.

Thank you!!

Replies

• Options
    It's not impossible for it to be implantation but it could also be several other things. It could be your body adjusting to the loss of the implant, it could be you have irratated the cervix slightly during intercourse, it could be an infection. Generally advise would be to wait until you could expect your period to roughly arrive (i.e. mid Feb) if there is no sign of you bleeding at this point then you could possibly try a pregnancy test. If still in doubt after that talk to your GP who may be able to shed more light on things.
  • Options
    Yeah, I understand it could be a mass of other things, so trying not to get my hopes up, but very hard!
  • Options
    Can relate to how your feeling, we all feel slightly excited by the slightest possibility & a hint of upset when it turns out not to be.

Whatever the outcome you can always find friends & advice on this website, be it TTC or pregnancy.

Best wishes & fingers crossedimage
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies, it's so hard trying to carry on normal day to day things when you know there's just that slither of a chance of there being something amazing going on in my body. Me and my partner will just start laughing or smiling for no reason and each know exactly why we're doing it haha