Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

has pregnancy made anyone else's mouth a disaster area?

Its me again, sorry image

i just wondered if it was just me or if anyone else's teeth / gums have decided to rebel against the bosy since becoming pregnant?

i've had the usual bleeding gums which seems to have gone away.

however i have noticed that 2 or 3 of my front bottom teeth are lose, not like wobbly or anything but still enough to worry me.

i know i have problems with receding gums in that area but before i got pregnant they seemed to be almost perfect and now they've gone backwards!

i also have a tiny bump on my gum above my front tooth which my dentist said was a small infection caused by the gum and would go away using corsodyl mouthwash. its being stubborn and reducing in size very very slowly.

i'm freaking out cos i keep reading about gum infections affecting the baby and causing pre-term labour and i'm scared i am going to lose all my teeth!!!

i just wanted to vent my worries really and if anyone can offer any advice that would be amazing image

i keep havnig nightmares they will fall out and its all i can think about.

stupid teeth

xxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    I'm afraid I don't have any experience on teeth problems (although my mouth has a permanent nasty taste in it!) But I do know it can be common to have nightmares about your teeth falling out if you are worrying about things (not necessarily your teeth!) I tend to dreams like that if I'm worrying a lot.

Is it worth seeing your dentist again, if you have your maternity exemption?

• Options
    Hi,

I'm sorry you're feeling worried.

Perhaps you can look into measures to reduce the risk of any damage to reassure yourself?

I would ask your dentist about what you can do to help but I imagine its the usual brushing twice a day, flossing, mouthwash but maybe also make sure you are getting enough calcium and vitamin d.

If you take a supplement like pregnacare you'll be getting enough no doubt but having extra dairy and getting some sunshine may also help absorption.

Try to stay positive as I'm sure stress plays a part too.

Hope you can see your dentist and get on well with whatever he will advise.
  • Options
    thank you for your advice guys, much appreciated

xxxxx