Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Having a filling whilst pregnant

I have to go to the dentist next week to have a filling. Im having a white one as obv can't have a silver one. Im needle phobic and am apprehensive about it, am assuming the local anestetic doesnt pose any risk to the baby? Has anyone had a filling done whilst pregnant? x

Replies

• Options
    Hiya,

I assume your dentist knows your pregnant? If so they should know what is safe and what isnt so try not to worry 9I know easier said then done!). If you still are concerned call your MW and rasie the question at least that way you will feel better about going.

I hope it goes well hun.

xxx
  • Options
    Yeah she does know and says its fine aslong as she uses a white one. Im just a worrier! Thanks x
  • Options
    when I was pregnant I had to have a filling removed and temp filled. My dentist said he could not give me the anhestetic (sp totally wrong there) that they give with a needle so I had to just have a spray on one. He also said he could only temp fill because he couldnt give me an x ray.

So long as your dentist knows you are pregnant then they wont do anything that could harm baby.
  • Options
    My dentist said its fine to have the injection. :? x
  • Options
    Hi, when I was pregnant my filling fell out and they gave me a temp filling. The dentist gave me an injection to numb my mouth when she put the temp one in but I now need to go back and get a proper filling. The injection is safe but there is something in fillings that isn't safe when pregnant so I would imagine u will also get a temp filling until u have ur baby xx
  • Options
    Maybe my dentist was just a meany :lol:
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, Dr said its fine so im going to have to woman up and get on with it!

Wif maybe yours was :lol:image
  • Options
    Hi,

I had a filling while pregnant. My dentist said that some people believe it can harm the baby and that some say it doesn't and left it up to me to decided about anesthetic. I choose not to have it. And yes it hurt but it wasn't that much than a full bikini wax xxxx
  • Options
    I had one yesterday, you can have the injection and a white filling, think you cant have the metal ones as they contain some mercury??? the dentist wouldnt do it if he didnt think it was safe x