Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

16 week midwife appointment - front lying placenta... is MW 100% right?

Hiya,

Went to the MW today and all went well image

However when she came to hear my babys heartbeat she found it o the lower left side and said I might have a front lying placenta.

I was disappointed as I cant wait to feel baby kicking and now with this I wont feel it for a white yet.

Has anyone else had this happened at their 16 week mw appointment?

Is there a chance she could be wrong?

Thanks Ladies xxx

Replies

• Options
    my placenta is lying to the front has been since 12wk scan and ive felt lil man since about 16wks i think. just tend to feel movements lower down. x
  • Options
    Hi, I had an anterior placenta in my first pregnancy and in this one. I felt baby move around 18 weeks the first time round and have just started feeling something at 15 weeks this time. I wouldn't worry about could and should, we're all different. Won't be long!
  • Options
    I had front lying placenta. It didn't make me feel ill, but did cushion a lot of movements.

I didn't feel any movements until a little while after my 20 week scan.

Disappointing I know, but as the baby gets bigger you will feel all the movements just the same.

Don't worry x
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for your responses image

I know it will happen, waiting maybe two weeks extra to feel movement feels like so much extra time to wait! Lol image

Did you get told at you u/s or by MW?

It wasn't mentioned at my 12 week scan, but MW just said today at my 16 week check up that I might have one. Do you think she could be wrong, or has this happened to you?

Thanks ladies!

Xxx
  • Options
    I expect ur mw is right Hun they deal with pregnancy and all that goes with it everyday and when u use a Doppler to hear baby's hb u can hear the swooshing of the placenta. But in a week or too or even by ur 20 week scan it could easily have moved. I was told at 20 weeks I had an anterior placenta that was low lying and covering cervix but it's now moved up.

I felt movements from a few weeks after 20 weeks.

As long as all is well with baby I would worry. Before u know it they'l b keeping u awake with there kicking!!!

X x
  • Options
    My placenta was at the front and by 30 weeks I had those huge movements where it looks like there is an alien in your tummy moving around. When my baby moved an kicked my tummy visibly moved the feelings were so strong. I first felt movements properly at 18 weeks and by 22 weeks they were strong and every day. Try not to worry, the chances are baby will be lying back to back during the last part of your pregnancy so you will get lots of front movements xxx
  • Options
    I thought I perhaps had an anterior placenta because I could not feel any movement. At my 16 week check midwife said she thought I had an anterior placenta because she found it very hard to get babies hb, just kept getting the placenta. Anyway she said they would check at 20 week scan and low and behold she was right.

Started feeling movement at 20 weeks but very very faint. With my son I felt movement at 16 weeks and was getting strong kicks by 20 so it is strange.
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies for your feedback on this!

I am just so excited about feeling little kicks... just have to wait a little longer now...

xxx