Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Going on sick

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and am exhausted from working 40 hour weeks and getting treated like a skivvy! I went to the docs hoping he'd sign me off for my last 2 weeks but he just told me I need to self cert for the first week. I am anaemic so was going to put pregnancy anaemia/exhaustion on the form but do I ring up work tomorrow and say I won't be in for a week?? Do I send the self cert in after I've been off a week?

Replies

• Options
    always follow work prcedure, not sure if it's the same but at my place of work you have to ring every day that you're going to be off umtil you have a proper doctors sick note which someone else can take in for you xx
  • Options
    My workplace was the same, call in everyday and if you go back on the 8th day you can just self certify, the didn't even ask me for a form only if it's over 8 calendar days you need a doctor note. That includes weekends, best to check their policy though and b ear in mind they can put you on mat pay if they want to as you are within 11 weeks of due date.
  • Options
    They can't put you on mat pay until you are 36 weeks hun. Believe me, I had a nightmare with my work and spent a lot of time looking into it. Check on direct gov and I'll see if I can find the link for you. In the short term though you need to just call and explain that you are too unwell to work and that you've been to the docs who has said you must rest. Then if they want you to call each day so be it, then go back to the docs for day 8 to get a certificate and send it to work. Hope you feel better with some rest, we haven't got long to go now. imagexxx