Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Snapping feeling in bump

I am probably being totally paranoid but thought I would see what you all think.

First of all my placenta is anterior, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Ok so just before tea I hauled myself from a lying to sitting position and as I did so there was a very painful pinging sensation at the top of my bump. It felt like someone had elastic around my bump and pulled it away as far as they could then let go. Now I am worried that i might have done something to my placenta. I worry about it a little anyway because my 22 month old is always climbing and jumping on me but now I am quite concerned. It doesnt hurt anymore but is playing on my mind. What would you do?

Replies

• Options
    Im sure that as it doesn't hurt now theres nothing to worry about but if its bothering you give your midwife a call in the morning x
  • Options
    I had this a lot from about 12 weeks and it does feel like an elastic band snapping. I believe it's your ligaments stretching and pinging back. I used to get it if I yawned or moved in a sudden way such as sitting up like you said.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. I have had no pain and plenty of movement since it happened so think all is ok. Was really worrying at the time though.
  • Options
    Sounds like the ligament pain I had in my 1st pregnancy. It started around 25 weeks and went on till the end - it mostly happened if I leant forward while sitting.