Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

5 weeks and 2 days loosing baby and sex while pregannt

Im only 5 weeks and 2 days im over the moon about it and can not wait, but i can't help but worry about loosing my baby and i keep stressing waking up during the night for hours on end just thinking about it i know its not healthy to be like this so any tips to keep it off my mind. Also i have read in some places it's safe to have sex but then i have also read its best not to in the first 12 weeks any tip or advice on the above would be so greatful Thanks image

Replies

• Options
    Hi Cas, congrats on your pregnancy.

You're not alone on your emotions they are something most women experience, the want of having a baby & the fear of losing it. Many of us find it hard to believe we're really going to be a parent until we 'see' baby in those scan pictures. Just remember that every pregnancy truly is different & what happens in one won't necessarily happen in the next (I have had 2 daughters & both were extremely different pregnancies).

As for sex, baby is extremely well cushioned in there & perfectly safe during intercourse (you'll possibly find your orgasms last longer too). The challenge becomes finding the most comfortable position to accommodate a growing bump. You may also have to convince your OH it's ok as they often have exactly the same fears/concerns as you.

Best wishes for a happy/healthy 9mths
  • Options
    I havn't found it gets much easier, even after reaching the 12 week mark. But you have to trust that your body will do whats best and there's very little you can do to change it. (unless you are taking drugs or drinking vast quantities of gin!). Worrying and not sleeping won't do your baby any harm, but it won't help you cope when you get tired and nauseous (if you're not already).

I booked an 8 week reassurance scan, which helped a lot and the time has seemed to go quickly between then and now (I'm 14 weeks tomorrow).

I was nervous about having sex in the very early stages, but we were just careful (which was probably unnecessary!) and now we just go for it whenever- I find it helps me sleep!!

xx
  • Options
    I dont drink or smoke so i know im not harming baby i've just wanted this for so long im worring i need to stop i know but struggling at the moment! I've worked and know SO many pregnant people just last year i knew 11 so far this year i know 7 so and they all seem to be so positive about it all im scared to talk to them about it cause dont wanna depress them about it although im sure some of them must be feeling the same as me. Ive got under 7 weeks till my 12 week scan although i haven't got my dates for it yet because only found out i was pregnant wednesday so its all early days im looking forward to my 8 week check up to so it breaks it down a bit although i dont get a scan which i wish i could as it seems to of given you some peace of mind!
  • Options
    I booked a private scan- it cost ??35 and was well worth the money!
  • Options
    Do all hospital offer that or did you have to go some where private?
  • Options
    I too recommend an early scan well worth any amount of money for reassurance, me and windy wemt to a private place for this. What area are you in? It's normal to worry I've been ttc for over 3 1/2 yrs and want this more than anything, worry doesn't seem to dissapear but you cope wit it. I'm 21 weeks now and 6 scans in and all great but still worry!! It's getting a little easier now I can feel some movement but still dread going to toilet incase I see blood!! I'm sure I'll relax in another 19 weeks when baby in my arms!! Good luck to you and try and get an early private scan. X
  • Options
    bless you! its perfectly natural to worry and, to be honest, you will probably continue to worry about your baby for the rest of your life, the things you worry about just change!! i think the worries of the first 12 weeks of pregnancy are just to prepare you for a lifetime of worrying!

but seriously, you will relax a little more as the pregnancy progresses. i had bleeding up to 16 weeks in my first pregnancy, but did manage to worry a little less as time went on. i had a miscarriage before falling pregnant again in july, so this time around, i worried loads again. i did relax in the middle, but now at 34 weeks, i have a different set of worries!

i did have a private scan this time around - unfortunately mine was more like ??100 - but it was still worth if for some peace of mind!

wishing you lots of luck for the rest of your pregnancy.

• Options
    I'm 5 weeks too and feel the same. Getting a BFP was so easy this time, it just seems to good to be true! I've just googled private early scans around here and they are ??140 each! I can't afford that!!! Here's to a happy, healthy and worry free 9 months for both of us!! xxx
  • Options
    I had a look around some web sites after hours of looking on the net i found some prices and the cheapest was 75 which i cant afford at the moment! So im just trying to think positive but a work friend was telling me not knowing im pregnant she knows 2 people who have just lost their babies around 10 weeks which is causing me to stress abit more but still trying to think positive because dont want to cause any harm to baby im waiting on my dates for 8 week check up and 12 week scan hopefully when i get them i'll just focus on them at the moment i just feel im stuck in time just waiting for the worse to happen.Yes wishing us all a happy and healthy pregnancy! image
  • Options
    It's such a stressful time and especially in the first few weeks when it doesn't always seem real. You never stop worrying til bubs arrives but each scan makes it easier and when you get to around 20 weeks (maybe sooner) you'll start to feel movement which is incredibly reassuring. I'm on my 3rd baby and have still stressed throughout and even though I am now feeling some movement it's not strong or regular yet so I can't wait to get a few more weeks along to have those strong regular kicks.

Re having sex, it is usually fine unless you have any bleeding so go for it if you feel in the mood!

• Options
    Im still waiting on my letter from doctors because at the moment i feel like time is still i need some think to count down to. So it takes my mind off of loosing baby! I also work with a pregnant lady we are 3 or 4 weeks apart and she is also worried about loosing baby because she had only been off the pill a month and they say its high in mc because the cycle is not but to its "norm" Im 6 weeks today so half way to my 12 week scan which has made me feel a little bit more settled im just trying to take each week as it comes but i cant help but every time i go to the loo dread what i may see! Its such a scary thing not being able to control what is going on with my own body and not really knowing what is going on and wanting this so much! I finally plucked up the courage to have sex with OH he could tell i was a little worried no bleeding after or since but taking things slow i know i worry to much!!
  • Options
    Hi

It is so hard not to worry, I lost my first pregnancy at about 8 weeks and believe me that makes it so much harder when you are pregnant again but just because it is so common does not mean it happens to everyone and each woman is diff. Ignore what you work colleague said and just try and relax, which I know is hard but best to not get stressed or you will make yourself unwell. I found it best to steer clear of pregnancy related stuff like books etc otherwise it makes it worse. Just try and relax and enjoy the ''normal'' time, believe me once you get to my stage you will cherish the months when you could move normally :lol:
  • Options
    If your really scared alot of hospitals have a early pregnancy unit who scan early, I had 4 and blood tests before my 12 week due to having 5 past miscarriages x