Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

paranoid and over worrying

Hello, I know this sounds silly but Im nearly 15 weeks and still fitting into my normal clothes. is this normal? I keep hearing other people already showing so now Im paranoid that something is wrong! Is there anyone else out there that isn't showing yet who can put me mind at rest?

Replies

• Options
    Hi

I know it is easier said than done but try not to worry, everybody and every pregnancy is different.

First pregnancy I started to really show and need different clothes at 15-16 weeks but this time round I am 23 weeks and still wearing some of my old clothes.

My sister had her first baby in August last year and she was able to wear her normal clothes the whole way through her pregnancy. You could hardly tell she was pregnant at all and everyone thought she was going to have a small baby but in the end she ended up having a nearly 9lb baby girl.

It is easy to panic about things and compare pregnancys but everyone really is different.
  • Options
    Hi Poppy don't worry, I was still fitting in normal clothes at 15 weeks too. Those of us that are due in April have a fb group and we often post bump pics, the difference in the size of all of our bumps differs greatly even though we are all around the same stage! xx
  • Options
    please dont panic! when i had my first i was in the same clothes up until 6 months! then put on 5 stone!!! lol! im on number 3 now and was in mat clothes by 3 months its awful! some people are lucky and can still wear their clothes, your one of them people. dont pressure yourself to get bigger, my friend had a massive belly for her tiny frame and only needed to undo the top button of her jeans lol, relax and enjoy your pregnancy x
  • Options
    hi hun,

i wouldnt panic, at 15 weeks i was still in my normal clothes, in fact i got married at 20 weeks and u cant even tell im pregnant in our pictures. im 35 weeks now and can still get into some of my normal clothes, especially tshirts and leggings, its only my jeans that dont fit anymore!

Enjoy it hun !

xx
  • Options
    Aw thank you lkadies I feel lots better about it now! ha its funny as I've spent most of my life not wanting to get any bigger and now Im wanting to get bigger ha crazy isn't it. i'll relax now and enjoy my own clothes while I can ha x