Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advising work....

Morning all,

Just wanted to see when everyone else notified work of their pregnancy?

I have a dilemma that I am diabetic and need extra appointments to normal. I have 3 in the next week!! The problem is that I don't know how to explain all of these appointments without telling them that I am pregnant.

Only thing is I am 7weeks and didn't want to tell anyone yet until I had a scan and knew everything was fine image

Any ideas?

Replies

• Options
    I would suggest informing just your line manager and asking him/her to keep it quiet.
  • Options
    i would tell your manager, i had to when i was 5 weeks as they thought i was having an ectopic pregnancy and advised me to have the weekend off of work, they are not allowed to tell everyone but will have to prob tell their manager or H R
  • Options
    VWBride, if work are aware you are diabetic, could you just say you have some extra apps coming up in relation to that? Or just say they are GP or hospital apps and leave it at that? It is very tricky...i just had the first midwife app. to account for but because my job involves appointments with clients i didn't need to tell them, as i am always out on apps. Would you feel comfortable telling your line manager?