Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

iron supplements

Hi, I am almost 30 weeks and my last blood tests says I am boderline anaemic. As the levels are not quite low enough for them to prescribe iron the mw recommended floradix liquid iron. Does anyone know if I can take this and continue with normal pg multivitamin?

thanks

Replies

• Options
    Hi

I've just been told i'm borderline anaemic & i'm nearly 20 weeks my GP said its quite common in pregnancy but wants to prescribe iron tablets & i'm to have another blood test in 1 month. I don't know much about the liquid iron & pg multivitamin only i think it can stain your teeth!
  • Options
    It's fine to take them together. If you 'overdose' on iron all that happens is your poo turns a dark colour and you may become a bit constipated.

For best results - and to avoid constipation - take the iron with a glass of orange juice. IT helps absorption and keeps things moving along lol!

When I was around 30 weeks pregnant I was borderline and they decided to give me the tablets anyway, as the midwife told me the stuff above so it was safe image

Hope that helps!