Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

SPD

Hi all! Just wondering if anyone else is suffering with SPD? The midwife has referred me to a physio, but does anyone have any tips for easing the pain while I'm waiting for an appointment? The consultant advised me to rest, but there's fat chance of that happening with a 16 month old and DH works away a lot!! I'm only 22 weeks so I think it has started quite early, although I didnt suffer with it with DS so I don't know much about it, except it fing hurts and is getting worse each day!

Sorry, very waffly post, but any advise is much appreciated! Thank u x

Replies

• Options
    i had it with my second pregnancy from 13wks,it got that bad i ended up on crutches,there is a thread somewere,let me see if i can bump it up
  • Options
    i had it with my second pregnancy from 13wks,it got that bad i ended up on crutches,there is a thread somewere,let me see if i can bump it up
  • Options
    Thank u so much fall3n-ang3l! That's a huge help. Still not heard from the physio yet and the pain is getting worse each day. Am even considering going private as getting that desperate! Thanks again x
  • Options
    If you have a birthing ball, try sitting on it & rotating your hips around. It should help gently exercise the pelvis & provide some mild relief. Also heat treatment helps (much like arthritus) so a warm bath or hot water bottle on the affected area can provide relief also. Good luck with the physio.
  • Options
    Thanks KazzieM. I've been using the ball, and found a bath helped until I got out! And the next day I was in agony, don't know if it was related or not. Will need to try it again tho x