Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Twins?

My OH is a twin and his nan had twins my great grandad has twin brothers and i have twin sisters im only 6 weeks pregnant and i went to the doctors and ive not change any of my eating habbits that i have notice and ive put on over half a stone.. is it just cause im pregnant or if people had twins do you find you put on my weight quicker.. i may just be hoping thats the reason as i REALLY want twins.. also interested in their is a difference!

Replies

• Options
    My sister has identical twins - twins can only be hereditary on the maternal side so from your side, your mothers side etc. Although identical twins can happen to anyone, its 1 in 250 chance so you never know!

My sister didn't put on much extra weight at the beginning though - just loads at the end!
  • Options
    im a identical twin...twins go through my mums side and go back for 4 or 5 generations. i was always told identical twins go through the maternal side.
  • Options
    non-id twins run down the female side so if you have a daughter then your oh will pass it on to her,id- twins,anyone can have,i have non id twins and i cant really remember how much weight i put on,i really wouldnt wish twins on anyone,they are such hard work :lol: