Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Discomfort down below, sorry if tmi....

I probably should see a dr about this but am a bit embarrassed so thought I would seek some advice here first...

Over Xmas I had what I assumed was thrush as I was itchy down below, additional discharge and a bit of soreness. So I called my midwife in early Jan, she got the practice nurse to do me a prescription for a thrush pessary which I used and things seemed to get better.

then a couple of weeks later the symptoms returned so a couple of weeks ago I got another thrush pessary from the chemist and again things seemed to get better.

But now the symptoms seem to be back again. I am itching around there quite a lot on and off, getting through 2-3 pantliners a day, and experiencing quite a bit of pain during and after BD.

I know thrush can be common and difficult to get rid of during pregnancy but do you think I need to see a dr to rule out some kind of infection??? Has anyone had anything similar???

Replies

• Options
    It sounds like thrush but it's definitely worth seeing your doctor to rule out infection.

Also if it is thrush you and your partner could be passing it back and forth during sex which might be why your symptoms keep reappearing.

Don't be embarrassed to see the doctor, I know it sounds like a cliche but they've seen it all before! x
  • Options
    And if you see your Dr, you don't have to pay a fortune for your pessaries! I used to get it over and over again, it was hell. Eat lots of yoghurt and use condoms during sex- I find it helps!