Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Seen heartbeat but started to spot! :(

Hi all this will be my 3rd pregnancy after having 2 miscarriages, I found out I was pregnant 3 weeks ago and was advised to have an early scan, they saw the sack and the heartbeat but couldn't find out how far gone I am, (They think about 6 weeks) So they offered me a second scan on 2nd march 2012, but two days ago I had slight spotting, at first it was red but then it turned pinky ( kinda like salmon colour) I went to the A&E yesterday and seen a midwife, she examined me and told me that there is no active bleeding and she didn't think it was coming from the cervix, but it is still scary, I am still getting spotting but not a lot, but it is noticeable, I am going for another scan tomorrow to see if everything is fine, I just wanted to know if any of you had any other similar experiences and could shed light on what is going on, thank you very much xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

It isn't uncommon to spot around the time your af would have been due. Statistics do say once you have seen the hb your change of mc reduces a lot. I really hope this is the case for you. I understand how anxious you must he as u have had two mc. Try and relax as best you can. Fingers crossed all is ok for you x x
  • Options
    Hiya, I have a theory and it's is just a theory, that sometime internal scans can cause a little bit of bleeding. My first pg was very much like yours, had an early scan due to previous mc and then a few days later had some light bleeding/spotting but all was ok at next scan and I had a healthy baby boy. I did mention this to a midwife recently (when booking in for baby no2) and she said that it is all very delicate up there so it's possible any poking around might cause a bit of bleeding.

I would say as you've seen a heartbeat, chances are it'll be ok.

Hope this helps, take it easy xx