Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not sleeping?

Hiya,

For the last few nights I have been waking up at around 3 / 4 am and not been able to go back to sleep, no matter what I do???

I am shattered and have no idea why this is... has anyone else had / having this?

Thanks

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi YRose,

I was awake from 01:15 last night and probably slept for a grand total of another hour before I had to get up. I have NO idea why. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired but I just lay there - even Dd was not keeping me awake. I do get some hip pain but that wasn't bad last night.

I cannot help with an answer but you are not alone - fingers crossed for a good night tonight. It's so frustrating.

xxx
  • Options
    I've been getting this on and off. It seems to be when I have things on my mind and can't switch off. I go to sleep fine, but then wake up in the middle of the night, sometimes for the loo, and then have random things going through my head.

I have found the best thing is to resist the urge to do anything (facebook on my mobile is just too easy!) and try to clear all thoughts from my head, or think about nice things to do with the baby. I have a tendancy to wind myself up and get frustrated, which only makes it worse!

Some really useful people have suggested its my body's way of preparing for the lack of sleep I'll get in a few months. Pah!! I'll deal with that when I have to, thanks!!