Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What do newborns wear in the summer?

Hiya,

Daft question maybe but I am due in July and I am not sure what I should be buying for him / her to wear for teh first 2/3 months?

Any advice would be greatly welcome! image

xxx

Replies

• Options
    My daughter was born on 31st July last year and we had two really hot weeks were she wore nothing but a vest or a vest and babygro. However, we were inside most of the time. When I took her out I wrapped her up in a blanket and she wore a vest and gro. I would recommend getting plenty of vests and babygros in. I found that I didnt want to dress her in any outfits until she was about 10 weeks old. People bought her these beautiful dresses but they were frilly and just not practical. Babygrows are comfy for tiny babies who spend most of their time being cuddled or asleep xx
  • Options
    I agree with glitterbug. my ds was born 28 june 09 and it was so hot. She wore a vest for most of it, a baby grow at night and didn't wear any of the dresses bought for her unless we were seeing the person who bought them! x
  • Options
    My first was at the end of April and I did put her in dresses. We had some sort of vests with built in skirts which were very practical from mothercare. Romper suits were also great - kind of like an all in one with short sleeves and legs.
  • Options
    my baby girl was born in july and wore just a vest indoors or a little cotton dress going out when it was really hot, we had so many outfits is was a shame not to use them!!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! image

I've taken on board all your tips! image

Xxx