Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

bleeding and cramping at 5 weeks

Started spootting last night, woke up to heavy bleeding image safe to say in a absolute wreak!

Off to doctors shortly to get cheaked out, but i dont feel optomistic right now!

please please dont let it be a m/c ive wanted this for so long now

Anyone had this happen?

xx

Replies

• Options
    Didn't want to read and run, good luck at the doctors x
  • Options

aww Supersquish, hope everything goes ok at the docs.  Sending you a ****big hug***.

Em xxx

• Options

hi supersquish

i'm sorry your in such a state, understandably.

let us now how you get on, good luck, hugs xxxx

• Options

been to doctors, feel even more confused now! he did a test and the test was faint positive, he said i should be a strong positive at 5 weeks so i have to wait 2 weeks and go and test again!

He cant do a scan as its too early on to see...but why would i get a faint positive at 5 weeks pregnant, this is going to drive me crazy image 

anyone else had this happen?

• Options

thats really bad that they didnt do blood tests or even give you a scan! i am around 6 weeks and they could see something ont he scan! i might even be 5 weeks... i really hope for the best for you! i would definetly try and see another doctor and explain how worried you are because hcg stays in your system for a while after any pregnancy so it takes while for it to go down. thinking of you! its understandable that you will feel worried! when i had my m/c not that you want to here this.. i got really bad pain on my right side and then a couple of days later lots of bleeding. just thought i would share my experience. some woman bleed throughout there pregnancy though and its normal! but yes.. i hope for the best ! xxxx 

• Options

i also got positivie tests for around 2 weeks after as my hcg took a while to come down image again i hate telling you that cause it may make you worry even more but i cant read and run. image xxxxx

• Options

so sorry you're going through this hun! take care xx

• Options

The cramping has stopped now, and wasnt painful when i was cramping, just uncomftable. finding myself wishing for morning sickness now just so i know bean is still there lol.

• Options

thats a really good sign! so keep focused on that! i would defo go back and ask for a scan they should of taken your concerns more seriously! xxx

• Options

Supersquish, I really hope you are ok. Bleeding doesnt always end in mc. I hope thisis true for you. big hugs xx

• Options

any ideas why i would get faint positives? not had a strong one at all, did a clear blue which said pregnant. Doctor didnt give me any information at all, just said i should have strong positves at 5 weeks, urggh so frustrating image  dunno if i can bear going through TTC again, was hard the first time round. How do people cope with this its awful

• Options

faint positivies could be because of the time of day your taking them? your urine might be really siluted if your drinking lots, did the clearblue say how many weeks? xx

• Options

it said 1-2 weeks, that was a day before i was 5 weeks. just cant belive the doctor didnt give me more info and has just left me hanging! told me not to take anymore tests and to wait two weeks to see him. he just said im in limbo for now, he didnt mention m/c to me but didnt say everything was fine either arghh! he just said it should be a strong positive, but hadnt has any strong positives

• Options

he is bang out of order.. you cant just leave someone for 2 weeks?!?! youll drive yourself crazy!! if you decide to do another test at all make it a clearblue and if it still says 1-2 weeks youll know yourself something is not quite right. cause obviously by then your hcg should of risen. i am in shock that a doctor wouldnt at least put you to a early scanning place after heavy bleeding.. just leave you waiting? thats not right at all i would see if theres another doctor you could go to.. they clearly are stupid! xxx

• Options
    Last year I had a mc at 5+4 which started with bleeding. I went to A&E, not because I thought they could do anything but because I wanted it on my records. They did a pg test and then booked me for a scan. even though it was early they still had to check what was there. A pg test can stay positive for a whole as the hormones stay in your system even after you mc. I had taken a clearblue test 2 days before I started bleeding and it said 2-3. At 5 weeks I felt it should be 3+. I think they should be scanning you pet. I hope it all works out for you xxxx
  • Options
    I really hope everything is ok hun, it's not right leaving you to worry for 2 weeks, I would go to A&E or speak to your midwife hun. Be thinking of you x x x
  • Options

ive decided what will be will be, alot of people have said they bled early on and went on to have a healthy baby.

might give midwife a call toorrow and see what she says

will keep you posted, thanks for your support girls image xx

• Options

thats a good way to think! thats very true that people have bleeding early on ! keep thinking positive! let us know what the midwive suggests! xxx

• Options

She said if the doctor didnt send me for more tests then hes not worried, and there wasnt much more he could do anyway.she also had the same thing happen to her so that was reasuring image re arranged my midwife appointment for 2nd of may. Hoping for some more symptoms to put my mind at ease, I feel tired easily but thats it at the moment xx

• Options

thats really reassuring then! not long to go til 2nd may! ill hope for the best for you! you deserve it! my symptoms are only starting to getbad tired and nauseous randomly throughout the day! its weird! xx