Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just looking for a little bit of advice, please

My boyfriend and I have been together for four years now, we have our own place and we're trying for a baby over the past few weeks. I think the first time we had unprotected sex was the 21st of April. My last period was on the 17th and lasted until the 20th. We've since had unprotected sex many times between then and now, including today. Im not sure what the chances are of me getting pregnant between this time. Ive got a feeling I might be pregnant but I dont want to get my hopes up. Im unsure when to take a test and I dont know what to think,

Replies

• Options

thank you for replying. image 

ive been feeling really tired, and my breasts have began to ache as do the bases of my legs and ive been experiencing cramps and head aches, and an odd taste in my mouth. i know its only been three weeks but i just kind of feel pregnant if that makes sense?

i think its just wishful thinking! image but your right id end up spending so much money and wasting my time ahaa

• Options
    Morning your dates are the same as mine so your next mthly must be 16 th may ? I feel odd can't explain why am on fertility drugs so could just be me reading to much into it I will keep my fingers crossed for you Daisy114 let me know how you get on xx
  • Options

Hi Daisy - all sounds like good signs but definaely wait before testing. Seeing a negative is so disappointing especially when its so early in your cycle and unlikely test willl be accurate yet. FC for you and good luck. Let us know how you get on x

• Options

The symptoms are all pregnancy related but can also be related to AF nearing & you can also self induce symptoms with the 'wishing to be pregnant' your mind starts telling you your expecting when you're not.

Hard though it is to resist the urge to test, the longer you leave it before you do the more accurate your result will be (plus the small fortune you'll save).  My GP always told me to wait as close to 2weeks overdue AF as I could (I didn't get BFP with either of mine until I was at this point & spent a mini fortune on DD1 with daily testing).

• Options
    Hi hun! I really hope this is your BFP! From experience, try not to get to caught up in symptom spotting- it's so hard not too but the number of times I convinced myself I was pregnant was silly. I found buying a batch of internet cheapie tests quite helpful. That way a BFN isn't a shock but at the same time, when I finally got my BFP I was so scared it was a chemical pregnancy because I knew a few days before AF was even due! xx