Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bfp for no.2 When did you tell no. 1?

Just got bfp for number two,obv definitely not going to tell dd yet (she's almost two) but when did you tell your little one? She's very switched on for being so young and frequently just joins in our conversations so we don't want to leave it that other people are talking to us about the baby and we haven't told her yet but also don't want to tell her too soon.Any thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    I think it is personal choice. When i was pg with Ds2, Ds1 was only 15m so it was when i had my 20w scan that Qe told him. He came to scan with us. This time we kept it from boys until after i had my dating scan at 13w 'just in case'. But i needed an excuse to stop lifting them. They are big boys! Do what you think is best. They are excited and understand that baby won't be here yet. They love watching my bump grow and feeling baby move. Shopping next! Ds2 has already chosen a gorgeous outfit for his new brother! Good luck Xxx
  • Options
    We're on number 3 and both times we waited til we were ready to tell family before telling our DDs mainly as we knew the cat would be out of the bag once they knew! DD1 was about 28 months when we got our BFP for number 2 and she was old enough to get the idea but actually not overly interested. We didn't make too much fuss until closer to the time when we wanted to get her prepared for the idea of a baby sister. This time DD1 was 4 and a half so totally able to understand from as soon as we told her, DD2 was only 18 months so although we've talked about it right the way through I'm not sure she completely gets the concept! She's now 26 months and talks about the baby and kisses my belly but I think it will still be a shock for her when there's and actual baby in the house!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!I think we are going to wait until after the 12 week scan so we can show her a picture and so we have a bit more peace of mind.Also going to try and not tell other family until after we've told her, I'm not too good at keeping things to myself though-we told family straight away with DD,couldn't keep it in at all.