Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

i am new to this site and very confused

. i am very confused and i dont know what to do next. i have been on the coil for 3 years and i have NEVER missed a period. May my period was very light and june was none existant, its now coming round to my next date and nothing is happenening again i have had back pain, tender boobs and twinges in my stomack. home pregnancy tests are telling me im not pregnant so im scared to go to my gp incase they will think all of this is in my head.

Replies

• Options
    Hi Hun, sorry to hear your body is playing games with you at the moment. What brand of tests have you been using? The best advice I can give, and I'm sure the majority of ladies on here would agree, is to go to your doctor. Call the surgery on Monday and ask to be seen asap.

There is nothing to be scared about, your gp is there to help and you need to be checked over. They won't think anything of it - that's their job and would prefer you to go and see them instead of worrying.

Keep us updated, xx
  • Options

Thanks for your reply my brain is telling me to go to my gp too but i think im scared of the results either way to be told its in my head and told im pregnant id love to be but... how possible ios it to get pregant on the copper coil?

• Options

oh sorry and the tests i have been using are clear blue i think their called but i took the last on three week ago now

• Options
    To be honest I don't know anything about the coil. Personally, I would take another test tomorrow so you have a fresh result to go to the doc with on Monday. Please try not to be scared, just get yourself checked out. If you are pregnant I'm presuming they'll have to take the coil out asap. You need to know one way or the other and the only way you'll find out for certain is by going to see the doc. Xx
  • Options
    Thanks ill take one tomorrow if I can get to shops on time .
  • Options
    Just got my pregnancy test. Just waiting on the next morning pee. Do you really have to wait for that ? Surly if your pregnant it will show up no matter what
  • Options
    It's best to do it with first morning urine as it is more concentrated. However, if you're more than a week along it should show, albeit faint. Have you done it yet? xx
  • Options
    Nope decided to wait for the morning from reading the instructions. And partly coz I wimped out
  • Options
    Well I took the test and it didn't tell me anything it wasn't sure weather I was or wasn't pregnant and the next day I came on my period so I can't be pregnant right ?
  • Options
    A Clear Blue one where the cross shows up? They aren't the most reliable but if you came on your period I would say, no, you're not pregnant. If you are still unsure, go to your doctor - they can do blood tests to check and then you would be 100% sure. x