Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Preterm Labour

Hi, I am currently 33weeks pregnant and about 4ish weeks ago i went into hospital with minor contractions, they managed to stop it but also confirmed that his head is 'engaged'..... afew days ago my mucus plug dropped and now i have constant braxton hicks (sometimes quute severe) and brown discharge. This is my first pregnancy so I am very clueless with what is normal. Does all these signs mean bubs going to come soon? or earlier then his due date? help :/

Replies

• Options

I wish I could help, but this is my first too so I haven't a clue. I hope everything turns out ok though. x

• Options

Go to the hospital to get checked out cause brownish discharge could be babys meconium (poo) and hospital is the safest place to be!! 

• Options

Ring the delivery ward at the hospital and explain whats happening, they will probably want you to come in for a check up, if baby is coming early you may need a steriod injection to help the lungs develop and hte hospital is the safest place to be. Good luck xx