Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

twelve week scan pics please!!! :-)

Hi lovely ladies..  I have no doubt many of you have heard of the "nub theory" which determines the sex of your baby from a twelve week scan pic, personally this theory has proved 100% correct with all three of my children and also all of my friends and family. Anyway, I am currently 5wks5dys pregnant with my fourth child and will be using the nub theory (until the twenty wks scan of course lol)  to guess what sex my little flump is. I thought it would be fun and also very informative (put this nub theory to the test)for us to put on our 12 wks scan pics and see how accurAte the theory is bug mainly it will be great fun to speculate while we wait to know for sure!!!!  Xxx

Replies

• Options

Oops forgot to mention I don't have my pic for this baby yet as I am only just under 6wks but as soon as I have it I shall upload. image  xxxx

• Options

this is also no 4 for me, I have 3 dd's and am pretty sure that this baby is also a little girl. Im staying team yellow so won't know until August.  Scan was at 13w 2d x

• Options

Yeah I'm thinking girl for u. I don't rate the nub theory it all depends on the angle of the scan, shadows, fluid level etc. I've seen it be correct loads but also seen it be wrong loads too. I had 100% boy nub but had another lol girlie x

• Options

Fantastic scan pic hunni. image it is a lil hard to make out the nub but I agree with you from what you can see it looks girly!   I am convinced this one is another dd too. Mine are 9, 6 and 11 months and tbh if this one were a boy I wouldn't know what to do with it haha. I know what I am doing with a girl lol. I  am genuinely not bothered if we r steam pink or team blue as long a  baby gets here ok. I must say you have WAY much more willpower than me I found out with my other three what the sex was and I  Will be with thks one. I am too bloody nosey that's what it is haha xxx

• Options

Wooo Sarah will you be finding out this time round what sex your little bean is or are you staying team yellow? And yes I agree with the "it can sometimes be wrong thing" based on wether you can actually see the nub etc but it sure is fun guessing lol. N that is kinda one of the reasons I wanted to do this post, to see just HOW accurate the

theory is cos it is quite debated though I have Always found it to be accurate that could be a fluke xxxx

• Options

I love guessing nubs. I used to go on gender dreaming and other websites to guess peoples. I had qualified sonographers guess mine as a boy but they were all wrong, it really threw them. If u get a good pic at the right date tho I think it can b quite accurate x

• Options

I would love a boy for dh but I honestly don't mind as long as its healthy. i think I would be a little scared if I had a boy as wouldn't know where to start changing a boy nappy lol the lady doing my scan was great and showed us the baby in great detail and there was no sign of a nub or any boy bits x

• Options

I am EXACTLY the same, with three girls I would probably get the nappy on the wrong end changing a boy lol. If this one is a boy I better stock up on booms haha. I will DEFFO be finding out if and when I can wether I am pink or blue but as long as we both survive the pregnancy I really don't care. Carrying g and delivering the las  two almost lied me. My second I had a complete placental abruption at 40 weeks and almost bled to death it took five blood transfusions and a year of three iron tarts a day to fully recover and my daughter was born clinically dead, they managed MIRACULOUSLY to resuscitate her after two minutes but she had blue, almost black arms and legs for two weeks. She is six now and part from behavioural difficulties is fit as a fiddle. After my youngest (planned section) I hemmoraged and got a huge clot on my lung (due to a blood disorder) I was preceded not to have anymore children as the risks are too high but I am a stubborn bigger and strongly believe it is MY risk to take. After seven misscarriages too I will be soooooo delighted even if the baby is a hermaphrodite as long as we r both ok lol I can't wait to see if any other ladies post their scan pics to put this nub theory to the test. image  Xxx ps sorry for the waffle (AGAIN haha) xxx

• Options

This was taken 10 weeks 2days smaybe little early but love some info x

• Options

I was ten weeks and two days with my last pregnancy (Dr is 11 months now) when I did the nub theory from my scan pic which was very similar to yours and ur babbas nub looks exactly the same as hers! I would bet girl, the nub on it pic is to the lower left hand side of what is baby's bum lol. Is this your first Donna osb?? Xxx

• Options

Hi no its my 3rd I've got a girl and boy already but would like a little girl 

As long as all ok tho that's all that matters 

I had a look on the nub theory site off Google and it did look like a girl but won't know till 7th april so long wait yet lol

Have u got your scan pic x 

• Options

Wooooo exciting times image  roll on April!! Haven't had my 12 week scan with this knee yet as I am only currently 5+5 but a  soon as I have it I WILL be uploading it lol. I  Will find the scan pic from my 11 month old daughter and put that on so you can see the similarity. I do hope we get lots of ladies uploading their pics for us to guess the sex and then update later (once they know for sure) to see if we were right image   how old are your other kids if you don't mind me asking hun? Mine are 9, 6, and 11 months. Xxx

• Options

Yeh be nice to see the scan picture

My girl is 7 and boy 3 in March 

I miss carried in may last year but this is the final baby lol 

• Options

I said that same thing on having my last two haha. I will have a look for my dd's scan pic xxx

• Options
    Whats a nub? Lol x
  • Options

Yeah I think girl too Donna.

samantha it's the bit that will turn in to either boy or girl bits. Google nub theory it's really interesting x

• Options

Sorry to hear about your mc donnaosb here's hoping for a lovely sticky bean this time! I love all this nub stuff an  so can't wait for my scan at twelve weeks so I can put my pic on too. Samantha, the nub is (what is describe as) a little white grain of rice on what is the little foetuses bum, if it is pointing straight out and parallel to the spine it is a girly nub if it is pointing up and at an angle it is a boy!!!! The nub is only visible between about ten and 13 weeks. Xxx

• Options
    My son didnt have one visible lol, and my daughters scan was at 8weeks. Checked the scans and was sorely disappointed. Lol
  • Options

Aww Samantha lol, I will get the scan pic of my daughter up today  I completely forgot lol. I am going to blame baby brain image Xxx