Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

is anyone else worried about getting attached?

hi ladies 

Im kinda feeling a bit worried that some thing is wrong with me.

please dont hate me for what im about to write...

So as many of you know i had 2 m/c last year one in july at 6-8 weeks and one in december 8-10 weeks.

I fell again in feb and im now 14 weeks today, iv had my 12 week scan and all was well but im finding it hard to enjoy my pregnancy, i know today is the first day of my 2nd trimester and that alone is fab, but i dont want to connect with bump for the fear it will go wrong again.

this then makes me feel very bad! im so happy to be pregnant again, and it means the world to me that my son will have a brother or sister im just so scarred!

has anyone else felt like this and does it get better in time or do you think i should talk to the midwife or doctors?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Sarah,

I had a mc two years ago and it was an unplanned pregnancy and happened around 6 weeks so it didnt hit me as hard as it would someone who had been trying.

I do think thought that in every pregnancy we worry constantly that something is going to happen. I am currently 20 weeks and have my scan today but I had spotting for 5 days at 8 wrrks and had an early scan and all was ok, I then had a scan at 12 weeks which again was fine and one at 14 weeks to check the length of my cervix due to a previous Lletz procedure. I then had further bleeding which lasted 6 days at 17 werks and booked a private scan and all was ok but I worry everday as there has been no answer as to where the bleeding has come from and my main worry is an incompetent cervix.

I just wrote as I think EVERY woman worries all through the pregnancy but if you feel it may cause you some kind of depression then I would speak to someone about it image x
  • Options

Hi huni 

thank you for replying image good luck with your scan i think once iv had my 20 week scan i know it will all be ok, its just getting through the next 6 weeks, iv just been looking online at privet scans from 16 weeks thought i might have a chat to the other half see how he feels about having one done at around 17 weeks, i just feel kinda bad for not wanting to get attached or close so to speak to little bump.

i think maybe il call the midwifes see what they say, im just worried they little laugh me off as being silly xx

• Options
    I can totally see where your coming from! I couldn't enjoy mine until I got into my 2nd trimester coz my consultant was horrible to me and told me I had a high chance of mmc due to being overweight! So I never bonded with my bump at all through the whole pregnancy incase something happened! It took me a while to bond with him when he was born too! Don't get me wrong, I love him so so much! He's the best thing to ever happen to me! It was just hard for me to admit I loved him because I thought he was too good to be true xxx
  • Options
    Yeah I'm totally with you. I think all the things I have read in the past don't help. I'm going to be paranoid all the way through. Hopefully things will get easier as we get further into our pregnancy. Xx
  • Options

I hope so to samantha xx

Cheers demii i do feel like iv put up this wall so far, my partner is keen to go shopping for baby items i just dont want to, iv just hit 2nd trimester so hoping things get a bit better image 

• Options

I felt the same Sarah. I found it hard to bond with the bump for the first 12 weeks because I was worried about the scan due to past history. I also worried about the 20 week scan but not as much as I worried about the very first scan. I bonded with the bump and our little boy and I love it more than anything in  this world. Xxx 

• Options

I hope im the same judy image

i want to bond with him, iv started using the stretch mark cream of an evening now so doing some hands on contact with the huge bump lol i know all is ok, iv seen and listened to his heart beat and im so sure i can feel him moving just cant shake this feeling that im going to have it all taken away from me again, maybe once i start shopping and having baby items around me il feel better, im so happy to have got this far and i know its all in my head lol xx