Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

membrane sweep

Hiya girls for anyone whos had a sweep yesterday was my first ever sweep so im no 100% sure what really happens if it works or not i got mine around 6/7pm at the hospital and was sent back home... but the thing is im getting like a thick white dischargy substance on my underwear and the only reason i know its white is because im wearing black underwear today ive actually just noticed it because im not long back from the loo :/ the white substance is NOT jelly like or runny. What is this?? X

Replies

• Options
    Just sounds like discharge hun, sometimes sweeps work sometimes they don't, fx sumat happens for u soon x
  • Options
    Whats the discharge sorry for all the questions lol because ive never had it up till now :O x
  • Options

shaz with my 1st i had 2 sweeps, 1st time the sweep did nothing apart from back ache i was 1-2 cm when they did the 1st sweep, and 2nd sweep was a week later i was still 1-2 cm but with in a few hours i had gone to 3-4 cm.

the discharge could be the plug starting to come away if u have not lost it yet or it could just be vaginal discharge 

• Options
    Thanks ladies for the info see im no sure wi all this sweeping malarky because i had my first baby 8 years ago and didnt even no what a membrane sweep was lol so this is all new to me image + i was induced then. well earlier on when i went to the loo i had the smallest ever bit of clear jelly on the tissue a mean it wasnt even the size of my pinky nail lol sorry for all the details here :O x
  • Options
    It's a good sign I'm having this now and I'm almost 36 weeks but I did lose waters at 32 weeks so was told I could go early on my own if not induced at 37 weeks so not long to wait to find out what's going on xx
  • Options

It sounds like your plug is starting to go (also referred to as a show) hope you haven't got too much longer to wait & hope your labour goes smoothly

• Options
    Thanks ladies and sarah hope all goes well with yourself. Xx
  • Options

thanks Shaz il be looking out for your post once little one is here image its exciting times xx

• Options
    Hehe its exciting eh but im shitting myself excuse the lingo lol due dates on saturday the 4th never thot the month of october would come round feels like forever ive been waiting on that month lol anyhoo im off to get some beauty sleep night night ladies xx