Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Early Pregnancy scan what do my notes mean??! confused.com

Hi, I had a scan on Friday and should have been 5+4. There wasnt much to see. My notes ay pregnancy sac 3mm (there was nothing in it yet) hematoma 16mm, and fluid POC 1-2mm. What is the last one? They said it could be any thing but after googling poc im starting to think it might mean there was a 2nd pregnancy? 

I had my 2nd lot ofbloods for hcg today and was told i would get a call with the results this afternoon and i have anotherscan booked for thursday, totally stressed which isnt helping matters, i wish they would just explain what things were :/

Replies

• Options

Hi nikkir2, I believe POC may mean product of conception 1-2mm would probably be what it should be at 5 weeks. You can barely see anything in those scans. The next scan will be to see if the sac and POC has grown, that way they can tell if things are going in the right direction and the bloodtest will measure the strength of pregnancy hormones which increase every couple of days. I hope you have a good outcome