Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

*** Friday 3rd tri ***

2»

Replies

• Options

Mrs50s- thanks for that. I'll definitely have a look into it. The midwife did say that they usually look to induce between 10-12 days over so doesn't give her much time if I do decide to go down that route. Will have to have a good think and chat to H I think.

Cant believe how many of us are due now or within the next few days! Bumper BAs soon hopefully.

What are we all doing to try and get these babies moving? Have been for a walk today, got the raspberry tea tablets, going to get H to do his bit later.. I don't have a ball (I was hopeful she would behave and come on her own!) So think I might have to get one. Any other tips??

• Options

Eek! I'm on the leaderboard. Not really trying a lot at the mo Sam. I'm not too uncomfortable yet. Might treat H tonight and DTD!! He's been a bit deprived lately and I'm guessing it'll be a little while post birth before we do it again. The night/morning before I had Isla I ate curry and walked up a hill with our dog that seemed to work so will try these when I'm really fed up.

I think end of next week is on the cards for this little one. We'll see.

• Options

I've actually felt a lot more comfortable the past week or so but would just rather her get a move on now! I will try the curry and dog hill walk just in case that is the secret combination! Haha

• Options

I bought 2 nighties... So attractive! They have buttons that came down to below my boobs so I voted they'll be okay. I'll prob be naked for the labour bit... I'm no good with clothes when I'm hot and flustered!

• Options

Just coming back to say thanks to those of you who gave good luck vibes for H's interview, he got the job. Yay!

• Options

MS- was too late for personals by the time I posted earlier but had my fingers crossed. Great news! Pat on the back for your H.

• Options

Brilliant news MS!

• Options

Hello all, bit late for personals but great news MS! And Sam, in terms of getting baby moving, I've been for lots of walks and bounced on my ball quite a lot. I've also tried pineapple and curry even though I don't really think they make much difference, and sex. And have been taking raspberry leaf tablets for the last 3 weeks, although that helps with efficiency of the uterus during labour rather than bringing it on in the first place.

No baby here but I have done a full and thorough clean of the kitchen. H came home early, took one look at me stripping all the stuff off the worktops, and said "I'll do the washing up" bless him!

• Options

Yay for your H, MS.

I want to get some raspberry leaf tea, where did you all get it from?

I've been doing a lot of bouncing on my ball and a bit of spicy food (although i'm not great with hot food). Was planning some DTD but have been really tired the last few nights so think i'll treat H tonight. My sisters visiting again this weekend so would be great if she could meet baby before she goes on Sunday!

• Options

This thread will be a ghost town soon!

Ive been told its the core of a pinapple that u need to eat and like tina says, the rasperry tea is more for during labour than bringing it on.

Have u tried reflexology? Apparently that is pretty successful!

MS- big congrats to ur H!!

Custard, thanks for letting me know, might brave primark again next week when half term is over!

• Options

Oh yes I've heard about reflexology also acupuncture. A girl I know of had her parents over from Australia for a three week period around her dd obviously needing/wanting baby to arrive on time. She had acupuncture and the baby arrived a week early. Could just be coincidence but grandparents got to meet their first grandson!

• Options

I've tried walking, bouncing on the ball, sex, reflexology (x3), massage with clary sage (daily), tempting fate by going into public places with expensive carpets / soft furnishings, leaning forwards a lot, and a sweep.

Tonight will be trying curry. I hate pineapple and apparently you have to eat about 5 for it to make any difference so will be avoiding that anyway! I think most of these supposed tactics for bringing on labour are just coincidence - if labour is close, it might bring it forwards a little bit (like during reflexology, baby was leaping about and I definitely had cramps after... but then they died off again as I obviously just wasn't close enough).

In exciting news (well, exciting for an overdue woman anyway!) I lost my mucus plug just after lunch! No other signs mind you since then, but now thinking maybe within the next 2 days?

• Options

Banzy- they sell the tea (also in tablet form) at Holland and barretts.

Hmm from what the midwife said I presumed they were to bring labour on! I won't be doing the pineapple either as I hate the stuff.

Sister is doing my hair tonight instead of Monday so will treat H when I get home and am looking all glam (yeah right, as glam as a beached whale!). Will drag H on a decent dog walk tomorrow and hot curry will have to wait until tomorrow too.

H was panicked that I was taking the car to my mums and he would be 'stuck at home with no transport if anything happens'. I did have to reassure him my mums is 15 mins away from home, closer to the hospital than our house, his mum lives 1 minute from our house, there are such things as taxis, mw appointment today suggests nothing is happening tonight AND I dont have a vagina the size of an elephants so is unlikely a baby is going to fall out in 15 mins!

• Options

We went through natural inductions on one of our NCT classes and apparently reflexology was the most successful!

Also learnt that too much pineapple can cause blisters in the mouth and the reason people try curry is because the spice aggravates the bowel which, as it is so close to the uterus, aggravates that to start things moving!

I really hope some of them work for you guys!!