Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

*** Monday 2nd Tri ***

Morning,

I had a lovely relaxed weekend after some nights of rubbish sleep as M hasn't been sleeping that well and ending up in bed with us. Babywise all is well, got my anti-D appointment through on Saturday which has saved me having to chase that up today.

Hope you are all well.

Replies

• Options

Morning! Glad you had a lovely weekend.

We had H's kids this weekend and I took my stepdaughter shopping for baby stuff, she picked out some lovely outfits for him and spent ages playing with the pram too!

Baby wise, I am still waiting for my appointment with the consultant which will be a couple of weeks after my 20 weeks scan (which isn't for another 2 weeks...grrr) so I might need to call antenatal this week and get it sorted.

Other than that, had my flu jab this morning, nothing else to report!

Oh...its our 3rd anniversary on Wednesday and my birthday next week...that's something haha!

• Options

Good morning ;-)

I haven't posted much on here yet so hello!

Glad you both had good weekends, I was working all weekend unfortunately.

I had my second midwife appointment this morning and have just ordered a connecta integra baby carrier which is one of my first baby purchases and I am very excited about it  as I have read some really good reviews about connectas.

• Options

Sapphire - Glad to hear you had a nice relaxing weekend. Forgive the ignorance - what's an anti-D appointment?

Rod - Sounds like a lovely weekend, glad that your stepdaughter is so excited. Congrats on the anniversary, hope you'll be getting spoilt!

Miss Pickle - Hello! Was it your 16 week appointment? Did you get to hear the heartbeat? I have mine next week and hoping I get to hear it, I know all midwives are different though and some won't try find it until later on.

AFM - Not much to report babywise. I've been struggling with a painful left wrist, google suggests it could be carpel tunnel syndrome which is apparently common in pregnancy so I'll mention it to my MW next week to see if there's anything that can be done. It's our first anniversary on Sunday so we're off to the Lake District for a few days (was meant to be New York but the BFP meant we had to scale down our plans!), and then I've got the week off work next week, so I'm hoping for a nice chilled out week.

• Options

Sapphire - sounds like a chilled out weekend.

Rod - sounds like your SD is excited and loves being involved.  Happy Anniversary - congratulations.

MP - I've heard good things about the connecta.  Hope your appt went well.

Woowoo - Its out first anniversary this Sunday too :-) Sounds like you have lovely plans - I hope you have a fab time.

AFM - nothing much to report atm.  Had a relaxing weekend, rearranging the spare room to incorporate nursery and office so got H lugging furniture around!  Then spent some time in the garden yesterday.  Off swimming tonight - mainly to spy on the aquanatal class in the other pool!

• Options

Rod - sounds like a lovely weekend and exciting things coming up too!

MP - first baby purchases are always exciting. But connecta sounds fab.

Woowoo - anti-D is only needed if you are a negative blood group. Basically I get given a jab to make sure my body doesn't try fighting off baby because I don't have the right "antibodies". Once baby is born, they had their blood tested and if they are a positive blood group then I get another jab. In theory, if my H has negative blood group too, I wouldn't need it but he's B+ and they offer it to everyone, just in case I don't know who the dad is? I don't know why. Definitely mention the wrist to the mw when you see them. Sounds like you have a lovely 1st anniversary planned still.

Mrs TB - have fun swimming, definitely worth having a nosey at the aquanatal see if it's something you're interested in. I know a lot of people enjoy it.

• Options

WooWoo - yes it was my 16 week midwife appointment but she didn't listen for the heartbeat - she said that they don't that till the next appointment.