Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

**** TFI Friday 2nd Trimester ****

No one else started one yet? I'll go first then!

Beautiful morning today, all sunny and frosty. Had a late one last night as had a client evening up in Essex last night, traffic was horrendous so we were very late starting and first speaker was even later so rather than doing my bit after her as planned then going home, they changed the order so I was there til the end. Taking it easy today to compensate.

Got my work kids party tomorrow so S is very excited about that. No other plans other than that. Booked Tuesday off to do a bit of xmas shopping before our consultant appt.

Have a good weekend everyone.

16+5

Replies

• Options

Morning WH..busy day for you yesterday then!....Chrimbo shopping - i must get going with mine...think i have done as much as i can online and now i must face the shops!

AFM....nothing much to report - feeling a bit coldy today...so im hoping it doesnt turn into anything major..got a fairly chilled weekend planned to relax!

Will try and pop back later

15 +2

• Options

Morning everyone. You late night sounds like a nightmare WH! Glad you can take it easy today

BB hope your cold comes to nothing.

AFM my SPD is quite sore today but nothing too major yet. Spending the day with my mum for her birthday. She is far enough away that d**khead H cant turn up. Thinking i might talk to him about things today or tomorrow but will see how i feel. I am still very confused so not sure how fruitful a talk would be. I also read this morning that stress can cause all sorts of issues with bump so worried about that now too :-(

• Options

Morning ladies!

WH, what a nightmare but glad you can take it easy today! Enjoy the party tomorrow and your Christmas shopping!

Bexy, hope it's just the blocked sinuses of 2nd tri and not a cold but I feel the same today too! Hope a relaxing weekend keeps it at bay.

MM, try and forget about him for a bit today and enjoy some time with your mum. Have you written things down, everything you want to know/ask so when you do talk you don't get flustered and forget things. Try and take some time each day to relax although I'm sure baby will be fine, you need to look after yourself too x

AFM still happy albeit tired today, brain was too active last night and wouldn't switch off! Will attempt to post a picture of the scan today too. Got reunion drinks with old colleagues tonight and meeting friends tomorrow for wine tasting (obviously not me this year!) and then putting the tree up, followed by a birthday lunch for dad on Sunday...a good weekend! As a side, can anyone else cry at the drop of a hat? I was singing along to Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas (I know, I know!!) on the radio this morning and found myself in tears...told myself to get a bloody grip! Hahahaha! Damn hormones!!

• Options

Here goes! Love

• Options

Wow its hard to do personals on this new site withou being able to open a new window- anyone found a way around that yet!!!

WH- yuck to the long evening! Where is the party!? Our work doesn't really do anything sociable which is always a shame! fingers crossed for your appointment

BB-you are all further ahead than me- will start mine soon! we don't buy lots of pressies so shouldn't be too bad! Hope cold stays at bay

MM-I think you are being very brave, i wouldn't start talks until you know how you feel.  lots of hugs

NL- wow lovely pictures- sounds like you have a fab weekend planned!  Haha- i've not been too bad at the crying! mine is more foul moods! hehe and even those have worn off

AFM- meeting a few mumdrummers tonight- if thats what we call ourselves!? Including our lovely Nenas- who I will look like a beached whale next to! hehe  NCT sale tomorrow and other than that housework, diy and school work! what fun!

• Options

HF, have a great time tonight! Myself, Lamby and Alocin are meeting in a couple of weeks for mocktails and can't wait! Glad the foul moods are easing and you're not an emotional wreck! Just me then... CryingLaugh

For personals I just keep scrolling up and down using the quick reply box, bit of a faff though so if anyone has a better way let me know!

• Options

Morning all!

WH- Hope you manage to have a nice quiet day after you hectic one yesterday! Enjoy your LO's party tomorrow.

Bexy- Have a lovely relaxed weekend x

MM- Are you going to discuss anything with your mum about your H today? It might help getting a bit of motherly advice. Hope you have a nice relaxing day and if your H contacts you again then just remind him how stress effects the baby and to leave you alone until you're ready.

NL- Your scan picture is fab, so clear! Really pleased all was well with baby. Hormones are starting to catch up with me too, I was a mess yesterday morning which isn't like me. Have a good weekend getting all Christmassy!

HF- Enjoy your meet tonight, I bet that will be a lot of fun! Have a good weekend, I really need to get myself to an NCT sale. Let us know what it's like and if they are worth going.

AFM- Back to work tonight, in a better mood than I was yesterday. Just decided that if I am struggling then I will have to start taking more breaks and if that doesn't work then drop a day which should help. The boy is good, my bump is starting to grow and round off now and I am slowly looking like I have just shoved a small football up my top! haha. I'm working all weekend so won't have time to get my decorations up which is gutting. Anyone else getting theirs up this weekend??

• Options

Pinky, thanks :) Glad you're feeling happier today! I think you're doing the best thing with work, you definitely need to put yourself and baby first...work always comes last! ;) Sooo looking forward to getting Christmassy, H is out Sat night so that's when I plan to do it (minus the bottle or 2 of wine for Christmas spirit this year). He never helps but I am more than happy to do it all whilst singing along to Crimbo songs! Yay!

• Options

Hello all,

WH, hope you have a quieter day today

bexy, hope you avoid the lurgy!

MM, hope you get to talk to H this weekend (on your terms) and maybe sort a few things out

NL, sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. I will cry at anything these days, so you're not alone! Scan pictures are amazing!!

h_f, looking forward to tonight, but I do have a fairly hefty bump going on! might give you a run for your money (my belly button has gone to outy already...!)

Pinky, glad you're feeling a bit better, you shoudl definately take more breaks or cut down your days if you need to.

We were hoping to get xmas stuff up this weekend but doubt its going to happen, so will be one evening next week probably. We have a big fish-tank that we like to clean ready for Christmas so it adds to the sparklyness (algae is not so festive...), but its such a nightmare to do and takes a good 3/4 hours start to finish!

Apart from meeting up with some of this crowd tonight we're off to see some friends and their two boys (1 and 2.5) on Sunday, so should be good.

• Options

WH – sorry you had such a long day at work yesterday.  Hope you have a nice weekend – sounds like you have a nice one planned

Bexy – enjoy your relaxed weekend, fingers crossed the cold doesn’t come to anything.

MM – glad you are getting a bit of space today.  Hope you manage to get some time to relax and that you and H can move things forward.  Sending you a hug x

NL – lovely scan pics.  My emotions are all over the place – I cry at the drop of a hat too, so I think it is completely normal!!

HF – enjoy your meet up – I am looking forward to catching up with Lamby and NL in a few weeks – my first Hitched/Mumdrum meet!!

Pinky – hope you manage to sort something out with work.  I think we are going to wait until next weekend to sort out the xmas decs.

Nenas – blimey, that must be one big fish tank if itakes 3-4 hours to clean!! Have a lovely weekend.

AFM – been busy with work again today, although I have been working at home!!  My friend has been staying, and we went to the gym this morning and then called into Kiddicare on the way back to have a look at the pram/pushchair I have had my eye on.  My friend has 3 kids and so she was great at helping me test it out properly!!  But I think I am sold on it – just need to take H on a viewing trip now!!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend

Al x

• Options

sounds like your 'working from home' was very productive!

Alocin

Nenas – blimey, that must be one big fish tank if itakes 3-4 hours to clean!! Have a lovely weekend.

well its 150 litres. not huuuuuge in size but we completely empty it, clean and the bits and bobs inside, scrub the algae off the whole inside (which takes the longest and results in lots of hand cramps!), clean the filter, and then shove it all back in and fill it up again.

I'll post a pic of it along with the xmas tree when we get it up. Its worth it tho because it looks so purdy in the end!

• Options

Hi all! Late to the party as usual for me!

WH - Sounds like a long night!  Glad your taking it easy today though.  Your works Kids party sounds fab!

Bexy - Enjoy your chilled weekend!

Maisie - You need to do what's best for you and Bump, especially if you are getting stressed out.  Hope you mum had a good birthday, and despite everything, you enjoyed spending time with your mum!

NL - LOVE your scan pics! They are fab and so clear!  I too find that certain things will set me off for no reason.  I can't sing along to certain songs because i get upset.  I was full flow howling the other day watching Bondi Vet becaues they operated on a little mouse and i thought it was going to die (that's not why i got upset)  I was so overjoyed when it sprang to life i burst into tears!  H just hugs me when these things happen.

Pinky - Make sure you take the breaks you need!  There really is nothing worse than feeling tired (apart from nauseous)  That's a shame your not going to get your christmas tree up this weekend!  We're planning on putting ours up on Sunday afternoon.  I rearranged my living room especially for the occasion! :-)

Nenas - I remember when we used to have a big fish tank at home, it was full of tropical fish, and cleaning it was an absolute nightmare, although we bought those glass cleaning fishing which helped a bit...plus, they were fun to watch too.

Al - That's really exciting you've got your Pram/Pushchair chosen.  What one are you looking at?  I'm coveting the Maxi-Cosi Mura 3, but i need to see it in real life and get a proper shot of it before i will know for sure that it is 'the one'

AFM - Decorated the Office this afternoon and it's feeling decidedly more festive now!  I am SO tired these past few days, but i'm looking forward to a quiet night tonight with fajitas and Casion Royale.  Going out for a friends birthday tomorrow night, but i'm not going out out as it's going to be a late night, and i've got my nephews Christening on Sunday morning where i've been asked to be godmother!  I love my BIL's kids so much!  Christmas Decorations are going up on Sunday afternoon and we'll watch a Christmas film with a mug of hot chocolate and marshmallows to end off the weekend.

I've still to take 3.5 days holiday before Christmas, and i'm running out of time to do it because i need to work round the girls in the office as there has to be at least one of us in the office, and one of the girls is off all next week, barely in the following week and then it's the last week and she's off for most of it again!

Sorry if i've missed anyone after taking forever to write my personals!

RKB 16+1