Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

***Friday 1st Tri***

Morning ladies.  Hope we are all well and recovered from all the Xmas eating?!?

I'm 13 weeks today!!!!  Can't believe I've got here.  At times is seems so quick but on the other hand every single day has dragged.  I was brave yesterday and bought some maternity clothes.  Just some essentials - a pair of jeans, work trousers, 2 work dresses, leggings and a couple of t-shirts that were in the sale.  I got a nice (I hope) pair of jeans from Mama's & Papa's for £9 with free delivery which I thought was a bargain.

My next target is to get to the end of Tuesday next week without having heard anything from the hospital about my NT screening.  If we manage that then we'll be telling people.  Its a strange thing. For so long I've been desperate to tell people and now its coming to the time that I can tell them I'm a bit reluctant.  Don't know why.  Anyways, I should move to 2nd Tri on Tuesday and I might even get a ticker!!!!!!

Hope everyone is well.

Hi to all that follow xxx

Replies

• Options

Morning ladies.

CA, I feel the same about telling people. I like it being a secret really. I hope the jeans are nice.

AFM I'm travelling home today so got to face about 11 hours of travelling, will get home about 3am. Lovely.

• Options

Morning ladies,

CA, Happy 13 Weeks! How very exciting :) Well done on picking up some maternity bargains. I was a bit hesitant to tell people too, I'm not sure why either. In the end I ripped the bandage off on Xmas Eve and I'm glad I did now. It will be great fun telling people :)

Imp, I hope you have a smooth journey back, fingers crossed that you miss the rubbish weather and can sleep through most of the journey. I bet your cat can't wait to see you, and vice versa!

AFM, my app this morning informed me that I'm in the 2nd tri now! I'm 13+2 so technically I think I have one more day here in 1st. It made me feel all funny to see 2nd tri on my app, for so long I didn't think I'd ever get this far. It just seemed so very far away and out of reach.

We booked a gender scan yesterday for 3 weeks time. I am SO excited to find out what we're having!! I also bought two pairs of maternity jeans from Gap, I hope they fit!

Happy Friday, I hope everyone is unaffected by the horrible weather and is safe and dry xx

• Options

Morning all :-)

Imp, safe journey home. Hope it's a calm trip.

CA how exciting, first tri nearly over. Sounds like you had fun in the sales!

Fig, you too!! First tri pretty much over and a celebratory shopping trip :-)

AFM, still full of cold, but enjoying a lazy day, first in ages where I haven't been working. Hubby left today for Scotland where I'll meet him on 4th Jan. He's instructing on a mountaineering course up there for a week, then we'll have a week climbing and skiing when I have a few days off work. Finally got in touch with the MW this morning who's coming over to book me in on Sunday if she can fit me in. I'm very nervous, almost as if by admitting to the NHS that I'm pregnant means it will go wrong again. It was fine when it was a "secret" between me, hubby and the private clinic, but now I feel I'm jinxing it. Doesn't help that I'll be 7+1 on Sunday, which is exactly the time I miscarried last time. And I'm having a "where have my symptoms gone?" day today as well. Also unhelpful as far as stress and worry are concerned. 2 weeks until next scan and I feel I really really need the reassurance!

Happy Friday to all who follow xx

• Options

CA - Congrats on 13 weeks! I think its quite normal to feel strange about telling people. I know I can definitely relate anyway. I was still quite unsure about telling our parents / siblings after keeping it to ourselves for so long. If it had been down to me I think I'd of probably waited. I don't know why, and now they know I'm glad they do, but it felt weird thinking about telling people. If I could hide my expanding belly I'd probably keep quiet until 20 weeks maybe! Where did you get your maternity bits from? Just being nosey :) (and looking for inspiration!).

Imp - God love you, I hope it goes quickly and you're home before you know it. You have my sympathy - travelling in the first tri is really not fun!

Fig - 2nd tri! Exciting! Bet you can't wait for the gender scan.

Barefoot - Sorry to hear you're still not feeling great. I think its understandable to be feeling how you are, hopefully the next 2 weeks will go quickly for you for your next scan.

AFM - Still eating crisps and drinking full fat coke for breakfast! Hmmm! Had a really bad night last night with sickness, my nose even started bleeding whilst I was being ill! Lovely. Planning to spend the day on the couch, watching TV, and not getting out of my PJ's! :) Feel quite... nervous I guess? I'm not sure if its because we have told people or if its because I'm approaching 12 weeks and so desperately cannot wait to hit that milestone.

• Options

Hello ladies. Guess who is 3+5 today..... aaaaahhhhhhh

• Options

Yayyyyy!!!! PS that s AMAZING news!! SO SO happy for you xxxxxxxxx

• Options

:-O OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is such amazing news!! I am so so so so so so so happy for you!!!!!!

• Options

This is actually such an amazing week. Ducky, PS and Browny all with Christmas BFPs. So so happy for you all xx

• Options

I am beyond shocked right now. I got a faint bfp christmas day. Since then i've done four more pregnancy tests and this mornings was darker so I'm being brave and joining in. Still totally bemused by everything and telling myself this can't really be happening!!

• Options

Imp - wishing you a safe trip home.  It sounds like a long time travelling but you'll be home in your own little house and bed in no time.

Fig - my apps are telling me I'm 2nd Tri too which is weird.    I'm so excited for your gender scan.  We'll need to do a little sweep stake before you go lol.  Hope those jeans fit ok.  You'll need to let us know how you get on.

BF - sorry you're still feeling rubbish.  I understand your nerves and constantly comparing to the last time.  I did this as well.  I'm not going to tell you not to because thats impossible but this is a different pregnancy.  My symptoms came and went.  Some days I was fine, others not.  Its easy for me to say now but this is normal and try not to worry too much.

Pep - I got most of my mat stuff in New Look and 1 pair of jeans from Mama's & Papa's.  I got vouchers for Xmas for New Look hence buying there but the stuff is pretty good value for money for the length of time I'll be wearing it .  Full fat coke and crisps for breakfast sounds good to me!!!  Sorry you had a bad night.  Glad you are taking it easy today.  When is your next scan??

• Options

Oh gosh it took me so long to type that reply I missed a very important person!!!!!!

PS - massive, massive congratulations to you my lovely.  You know exactly how excited I am for you.  Welcome to 1st Tri xxxx

• Options

Star - Had you done anything different, or just pot luck? So pleased for you. It will start sinking in, eventually! :)

CA - Its 9th Jan when I'm 13 weeks.

• Options

Nothing specific I can think of. I wasn't temping when I ovulated so I can't be exactly sure what day it happened so I'm just guessing based on when we DTD and the strength of the lines. I've been taking Seven Seas Trying for a Baby tablets so not sure if that helped or not. I took pregnacare tabs last cycle but stopped them because they were making me poorly.

I feel like I'm a fraud posting in here!!

• Options

Ah, well my advice to you then is do not buy pregnacare pregnancy vitamin tablets!! They are awful - my sickness was sooo bad when I was taking them! Might not have been them - but have heard (well, seen online!) that they can make sickness worse and so on!

• Options

PS, welcome lovely lady! Waaaaaaaa I am so very happy for you!! Best Christmas ever!!! It will take a few days to sink in...I was doing ics every single time I went to the loo at the beginning lol

Pep, I'm sorry you had such a horrible night, I hope today is much better. PJs and crisps and coke sounds pretty perfect to me.

BF, hope the next 2 weeks go quickly for you.

CA, I was squinting for a nub in the scan photos last night. I'm not sure if I even managed to find one to be honest! I can't wait to find out! I don't care what it is as long as it's healthy, I just want to know and to stop calling baby an it. Make sure you let us know how your stuff is from New Look - they have a lovely Maternity range. I'm already eyeing up quite a lot of their stuff!

• Options

Pep I didn't think it possible to get symptoms when you are still only getting a faint bfp but I have felt rough for days. I look like someone has drained all the blood out of me (rocking the goth look my husband says) and constantly nauseaous. Last two nights i've had a majorly upset tummy and I'm so swollen. Keep farting and burping away to myself already!!

This feels so surreal. I apologize if I just keep wandering around the thread totally awestruck at being here. I will attempt to actually do personals later when I'm no longer dazed!!

• Options

Oh Star, I think it is possible! I remember around a week before my BFP, I went to a party and I just felt so 'weird' and sickly. Similarly, a couple of days later, I was on the tube in London and had to get off in the middle of nowhere because I just felt so ill again. I did think does this mean something, but when you're trying you think that about everything don't you! Now looking back I can see that it was to do with it. I had really bad tiredness and wind the week before my BFP too.

• Options

My tiredness and nausea hit me the day after my first faint BFP. I am so very thrilled for you PS xx

• Options

Just a quick catch up.

PS- welcome to first tri lovely lady! It's do lovely to see you over here.xx

Fig I bet you can't wait now, have you a guess?!

Bf I hope the next two weeks fly by.

Pep sorry you're still suffering, your day sounds ideal though, plenty of rest for you.

• Options

Hello gals!

I'm also 3+5 today and have real case of line anxiety! Can't stop staring at them.

Congratulations PS! I often gag brushing my teeth but today I brought up my whole cup of tea into the sink. Lovely. I don't feel too sick, just a bit bleugh.

My in laws are arriving for three days today, Wooo (sarcasm).