Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

***Thursday 1st Tri***

Morning, apologies I start the thread then struggle to get back on at the moment, work is very busy. Plus I'm on my phone and can't catch up with personals :(

I hope everyone is well. Not much from me, although I am holding you chip chatters the other day responsible for me going to the chip shop on the way home for dinner last night then feeling sick the rest of the evening. Only my luck that all the bad food I love will make me ill! Back to the breadsticks this morning. 

I have an early flight with work tomorrow that I'm not looking forward to, I'm hoping the breadsticks work their magic tomorrow!

Replies

• Options

Morning! Same here. Can get on now but then by the time I get home I'm shattered and asleep!

MissDeedee - sorry the chips made you feel sick. Third night in a row for oven chips here. Just have no appetite. Thank goodness for vitamin tablets! Hope the breadsticks work.

AFM - still feel pretty rubbish. Told work yesterday and they could not have been lovelier. I am to go in late if I have a free lesson in the morning or leave early when I am free last lesson. They apparently had been worried about me as I looked so pale! Now to keep it quiet from the rest of my department till after the scan. Only 15 days to go! Still feel sick and exhausted all the time but keep telling myself it's a good sign! Thank god it's nearly the weekend.

Hello to all who follow. X

• Options

GB - glad your work were so good! Hopefully that will help alot if your having a bad day, or a no sleep day like y'day! I worked out this morning it's 16 days now until my early scan, this week has flown by!

Hope you have a better day today and hi to everyone else as I likely won't get back on x

Oh, one quick question! I know I'm fine to fly but is there anything I should or shouldn't do at this early stage (I can't think of anything but thought I should ask!?)

• Options

Morning,

MDD, I got fish and chips on Friday after smelling it as I walked past on my way to nursery.

GB - glad work were so good about it. Hope the sickness starts to ease.

AFM - despite the best nights sleep I've had in a long time I'm exhausted. Had a v.busy day at work yesterday but today should be a bit easier.  I had to retire yesterdays dress as although it's good at hiding the bump, the bump and boobs together just make it very, very short! This means I'm down to 3 dresses but luckily as I only work 3 days a week, that'll work. 27 days before I can tell work, or 9 work days as I have some holiday booked.

My mum told me yesterday that I'm due on Friday 13th! Alex was born in his official due date, hope this one doesn't follow suit!

BG 11+6

• Options

Morning!

MDD - ah well, I suppose breadsticks are healthier than chips so you can at least feel virtuous!

GB - I'm glad work were so understanding, that must make you feel a lot better and make things easier for you.

BG - I hope today is easier for you.

AFM - I have a training course today so no teaching again, I'm lucky this week! I'm expecting the midwife to call today too to arrange my booking in appointment. Feeling much less sick today which of course is making me worry... Never satisfied!

Hello to everyone that follows, just in case I don't make it back later.

• Options

Morning all.

Missdeedee what a shame about the chips :( hopefully it won't last too long

Glitterball I'm glad work were so good about it it's a weight off your mind isn't it.

BG I feel your pain on the othes front, I have about 4 outfits on rotation at the mo!

TT - hope you get your appt sorted. Don't complain about not feeling sick!

AFM - apart from slightly sore boobs (nowhere near as painful as they were) and the occasional but of nausea, I feel fine. Good in fact. I thought I was supposed to feel rubbish! Of course this worries me, I wish my scan was closer so I could see everything is ok it's so hard not knowing. Countdown to scan day, 1 week 5 days! Tick tock!

X

• Options

Morning all is there room for another?

Missdeedee I hope the breadsticks did the trick this morning have you been very sick?

GB must be a relief telling work if you've been feeling rubbish. Nice to hear they're being sympathetic.

BG hoping work is a bit less hectic for you today

TT glad you're feeling less sick today. I had no sickness when I was Pregnant with Isla please don't worry.

AFM I'm here pg with no 2!!! I think I'm around 3+5 found out very early. Haven't told family yet. We will at the weekend as we're out for a family meal. We found out on exactly the same weekend as we got our BFP with Isla to years ago so we will have two birthdays very close together. Feeling good so far. Hi to anyone that follows x

• Options

Morning ladies

Missdeedee - oh no! that is rubbish. hope your breadsticks tackle the flight for you.

Glitterbal - glad your work was good with you. that'll make it a bit easier for you

BG - does it make you look like Bridget jones?

TT - i'm sure the sickness will come back. just be thankful for the the break.

Rod - at week 9 i suddenly felt fine and then just the same as you're feeling. its very hard not to worry though.

AFM - i'm feeling ok. i think im sick of peaches now so need to find a new breakfast. bit of a headache this morning but thesun is shining & i'm in a really good mood :)

4 days til scan day!!!

Hope you are all ok

• Options

MrsB - missed you there. congratulations :)

• Options

Haha Twink, a little, yes! I was very conscious of it all day.

Rod - my symptoms, except boobs, all went at about 8 weeks. Try not to worry, the early scan really helped reassure me, try to remember that you've seen a strong heartbeat and enjoy feeling good!

MrsB - congratulations and welcome!

• Options

Morning all, sorry I didn't get on yesterday, every time I tried someone came up behind me at work!

MDD - sorry the chips made you sick, that's rubbish! Hope the breadsticks carry on working for you. You won't be able to look at a breadstick after this.

GB - great that your work have been so lovely, hope you start to feel better soon.

BG - hope you have an easier day today.

TT - I felt really sick around the time I got my BFP (3+6) then it disappeared after a couple of days. It came back though, sorry to say. Hope you manage to escape it though.

Rod - I'm sure it's all normal, scan day is getting closer though, less than 2 weeks now!

MrsB - Hi and congratulations!

Twink - love your good mood :)

AFM - got a bit of a shock when I was getting changed last night, my boobs are huge! I've never exactly been blessed so I was quite chuffed, might need some new bras though! Also seem to be getting a little belly but think that's probably bloating from all the bread, crackers and biscuits I've been scarfing. Am feeling less sick now but way more tired. Roll on my holiday next week, think I will just sleep for 10 days!

• Options

Hi everybody, im new here. Me and Hubby found out we are expecting yesterday. Were so excited! According to the pregnancy test i am 3-4 weeks pregnant. So not very long at all. Infact i still havent missed AF yet. I dont think it will fully sink in until that happens. I just woke up that morning and decided to take one for some reason. So was very surprised when it was positive.

I keep looking at the little lines on the tests and smiling. Hehe.

How far gone are you all?

• Options

Oooh and can anybody tell me how to get one of the pregnancy countdown thingys?

• Options

Twink and BG thats reassuring thanks. I was worrying but its nice when other people say their symptoms went too! BG I havent had an early scan I think you might be mixing me up with someone else. I did think about it but decided it was too much money x

Welcome to the newbies and congratulations!! x

• Options

I could of swore you'd had one, sorry! I must be remember you thinking about one. Not long to go now x

• Options

Morning all, no time for personals just now but might get back on later. I'm going to New Job today and tomorrow (not starting until April but just getting to know people and having handover) so excited but a bit nervous. Morning sickness not helping... although I've not actually been sick today, yet! Hoping it stays away.

Just about to have fishfinger sandwiches for a late breakfast, then must remember to take plenty of snacks!!

• Options

BG I know less than two weeks!! EEEEEK!

• Options

congratulations Mummysimpson

global.thebump.com/.../default.aspx

thats the link to create a ticker x

• Options

Thanks Twink! xx

• Options

you're welcome :)

• Options

Rod - glad you're feeling good today, you are doing what I am doing though and rather than enjoying it you are worrying! Glad I'm not the only crazy!

MrsB - hello! Nice to see you in here.

Twink - hope your good mood lasted all day!

Popcorn - enjoy the huge boobs haha!

Mummysimpson - welcome and congratulations!

Mrs 50s - I hope the day at New Job went well and was sans vomit.

The midwife left me a message while I was at work and my booking in appointment is next Thursday! I wasn't expecting it to be so soon at all. She also said there is an "early pregnancy" session at a local clinic on Saturday morning where they talk about hospital options, etc, so we may go to that. It seems crazily early to be thinking about things like that though.

Booking in appointment is during school hours so I am going to have to tell the head tomorrow. Didn't want to have to that this soon either!