Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

***weekly tri thread 23/3***

Hello!

not much from me, into 15+2 (must update ticker!). Have suddenly popped and now back in maternity clothes (bliss!).

trying to get the house ready to put on the market but have so much crap to sort through. Having a deadline helps though!

hi to all who follow x

Replies

• Options

Hi MrsP - I loved getting back into maternity clothes. Why don't they make normal clothes this comfy? Don't envy you with house-selling, H and I keep pondering it then giving up when we realise how much work it is!

AFM - had midwife on Friday which did not go well :( baby had been a bit quiet and although everything is fine, she did have a stern word with me about slowing down and taking things a bit more easy.  Then she has said that I have mild SPD so that put the final nail in any rushing around I might want to do - I had suspected this anyway. Boo. Also, baby is back to back. I was not happy when I left :(

On the plus side, H pretty much took care of S all weekend and let me potter, relax, do some batch cooking and get my hospital bag sorted so I felt much better by last night. Just got to spend some serious time on my hands and knees, SPD-permitting of course. Bah!

• Options

Hi both.

Mrs P - I am liking my maternity trousers. Sooo comfy! Are you hoping to stay in the area you are now or is it a big move?

Popcorn - I hope you've been listening to the mw! Do you feel like you've got spd?

Afm  - am feeling so much better for which I am very thankful! Just trying to get answers from work about maternity leave and stuff. I've been told provisionally that I can't go out on site from 25 weeks but no one seems able to confirm. I work for a big company so struggle to believe I'm the first person in this situation! All a bit frustrating.

• Options

Hi all!

Mrs P- maternity clothes are just too comfy at the beginning. Good luck with the house move.

Popcorn - Sorry to hear about the SPD, not nice. Glad you had a relaxing and productive weekend.

Holey - Glad to hear that you are feeling better, hopefully it stays that way. Hope they give you some straight forward answers soon.

AFM - Only 5 weeks left. Eeek! H has had a few days off work, back on Wed. So it's been nice to have an extra pair of hands to help. At the hosp for scan tomorrow. I'm hoping they will give me date for C-sec soon. Not much else to report.

• Options

Holey - that's frustrating about work. My only advice would be to keep on at them, my work were terrible for shrugging me off all the time and it is sooo annoying! I notice the spd at certain times, like rolling over in bed. I'm getting my MIL to come to the toddler groups with me now as darting after S when he decides to make mischief is hard!

MS hope the scan goes well tomorrow, fingers crossed you get your date x

• Options

Popcorn - sorry the midwife didn't go well. I had SPD last time and it sucked, hope it doesn't get too bad. Lots of good position vibes heading your way.

Holey, we're planning on moving about 20 miles away, so a big ish move, but will be worth it. Glad you're feeling better, hope you get clear answers from work soon!

MS - hope the scan goes well tomorrow and you get your section date - exciting! X

• Options

MS - eek that's not far away! Are you all sorted at home?

Popcorn - funnily enough my sister said the same about her work. I wonder why they do it! The thing is I don't mind being desk bound, I'm quite happy to comply but it's got to be acknowledged that it will stop me doing my job! That's rubbish about the spd. Did you have it first time round? Good plan on the MIL front!

Mrs P - yes quite a big move then! Are you hoping for more space? I love hypothetical house hunting!

Afm - absolutely shattered today. I keep waking up in the night. I guess the baby is trying to get me used to it!

• Options

Afraid not, it's a more expensive area so we won't get as much house as we have now, hoping for a better layout and better garden though :-(

Night wakings suck but it does help you prepare, I thought I had a good night last night as had only one loo trip!

• Options

MrsP - great about maternity clothes, they're so comfy! Exciting about the house too, hope it won't be too stressful.

Popcorn - hope you're slowing down!  Fingers crossed the spd won't bother you too much, and that baby turns!

Holey - glad you feel better,  hope work pull their finger out!

MS - hope you get your date soon, exciting!

Afm, 12 week scan a week tomorrow. Feeling shattered but not being sick at all, which is the opposite to last time! Just want the scan now to see if everything is ok, then I'm on holiday for a week,  woohoo!

• Options

Good luck for today Welsh thistle. Let us know how you get on..

Mrs P - I hope you find somewhere you love.

Afm - early start this morning, yawn! But off to prezzo tonight and to have a little wander round the shops.

• Options

Morning ladies,

MrsP - Maternity clothes are the best! Not sure I'll go back to regular jeans haha. I feel your pain on trying to sort through housey stuff, we're in the same boat - although not to sell the house, just to reduce the sheer volume of accumulated stuff and make space for baby!

Popcorn - hope you're taking the mw's advice and taking things a bit easier.

Holey - So glad you're feeling better, long may it continue! How frustrating about work, hope you get some answers soon. I'm sorry to say it but the night wakings will probably only get worse..!

MS - Wow, not long now! Exciting! How did your scan go?

WT - wishing you lots of luck for your scan! Are you going away on holiday?

AFM - Had my GTT yesterday which was not the most fun I've ever had, sitting around at the hospital for 2 hours. Keeping everything crossed that I don't hear anything which would mean my results came back fine - although to be honest I'd be surprised if I don't have GD because every other routine test so far has thrown another complication into the equation! Tomorrow we're back at the foetal cardiologist for a scan, so can I shamelessly plead for some vibes that everything is as OK as it can be and we have no other surprises waiting to be discovered?

• Options

Massive vibes ST! I hope there are no more surprises for you. Please let us know how you get on.x

• Options

Loads of vibes ST! X

• Options

Lots and lots of vibes ST, thinking of you x

• Options

Thanks ladies, looks like the vibes worked! Obviously the heart defect is still there, but they found nothing else to cause any concern so everything is as it was - which is the best we could have hoped for really! The little monster did their usual trick of making things hard for them to see by wriggling around for ages, but we got there in the end.Weight currently estimated at 2lb 1oz. We're at our local hospital again next week for a full growth scan, and then back to the fetal medicine unit for another heart scan in 6 weeks.

• Options

So glad to hear this ST! is that a good weight for far along you are? I have no clue!

• Options

It's around the middle of the scale I think Holey, the midwife seemed very happy with it anyway! Just over 3 weeks ago baby was 1lb 3oz and they said that should double in the next month so it seems to be going the right way. Are you still feeling good and sicky-free?

• Options

That's really good news then!

Yes I'm feeling fine now thank you, thank goodness for 2nd tri!

• Options

ST - that's fab news!

Holey - glad the sickness has gone x