Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

***Xmas Tri Thread***

Morning ladies! It's very nearly Christmas! Are you all ready? 

Had a bit of a busy week last week. Had a scan on Thursday which showed little twin was growing nicely but it also showed that my placenta had lifted slightly and I had possibly had a little internal bleed. Then on Saturday I had a bit of bleeding but an examination at the hospital showed that everything was fine. Me and H went out for our works Xmas do on Sat night. We own our business so we are the only two employees. So we went to the cinema and out for tea. Dexter stayed at his grandparents for the night. It was lovely to have a little lie in the next morning. 

Not much planned for today. I'm trying to get plenty of rest because of the placenta lift and the bleeding. Got a couple more bits of presents to wrap. Then I'm going to my brother and SIL tomorrow for a little Xmas get together. 

Hi to everyone who follows. Merry Christmas!!! X

Replies

• Options

Glad all is well with the twins but please make sure you rest up as best you can! Glad you got some time with your H and a little lie in.

AFM - I think baby has dropped so keeps bashing my growing ovarian cyst and it's agony! Have been cleaning this morning as my paintwork was filthy! (Nesting!?) plans for the rest of the day are to pack my hospital bag up and sort the spare room for H's parents to stay in later in the week.

• Options

MS - pleased you are resting up after the weekend. Glad you had a work Christmas do too, you both most definitely deserved it!

Furmummy - ouch, hope baby decides to move off the cyst to ease your pain. How did packing the hospital bag go?

AFM - we had a little xmas with my brother & his lot at the weekend as he'll be with his 'in-laws' on Christmas Day. We've got our Christmas food being delivered tonight and then I am sorted. I've been having more BHs the past couple of days, but nothing too much. So hopefully baby will stay put for the next couple of days. Anytime from Boxing Day onwards I will be more than happy for this baby to be evicted but until then, I'd very much like it to stay put!

• Options

Hi ladies!

MS - sounds like a lovely Christmas do! Make sure you are resting up over the festive period!

Furmummy - make sure you're taking it easy too!

Sapphire - fingers crossed baby stays put for you!

JJ - hope baby stays put for you too!

AFM - been busy this past couple of weeks between finishing up at work for Christmas, and being unwell. Also dealing with a small person who hasn't been well either and only wants his mum, it's been hard going. We had our 20 week scan last Monday and all is well with the little one. We also found out what we're having, which is exciting as we didn't find out the last time.

Merry Christmas ladies! I hope you all have a wonderful day  tomorrow!  Xx

• Options

Hope you all had lovely Christmasses!

Hope JJ and furmummy are feeling better. Take it easy!

Sorry I've been awol - I don't like going on here on my mobile, and don't seem to have chance so much at work.

I can't believe how quickly the weeks have been zooming past...

• Options

FurMummy- how is the ovarian cyst pain. I hope it's gone. Don't over do it with the cleaning.

Sapphire - well Boxing Day has past. Any signs yet? Are you still getting your BH?

JJ - How are you feeling?

RKB - Are you going to tell us the gender?

Hazel - Hi. Hope you had a nice xmas.

Hope all had a lovely xmas.

AFM - We had a nice Xmas. Dexter got well and truly spoilt. I can't wait until we move to our new house so that we have more room for all these toys! Well last night was eventful for me. I woke up from a nap with a headache and flashy lights and blurry vision. After 45 mins it hadn't gone so H insisted on calling 111. After explaining my symptoms they decided to call an ambulance. Which I thought was a bit excessive for a headache. Anyway a nurse in the ambulance team called me back and went through my symptoms again. She decided to cancel the ambulance and she suspected that it was just sinusitis. Which I agreed with. She said that it could be a sign of pre-eclampsia too. I felt really embarrassed that an ambulance had been called out and I felt like I had wasted their time. So H wants me to see the GP on Mon to get my blood pressure checked. Resting up today. Although it feels as though that's all I do at the moment.

• Options

Goodness MS! Hope you're ok!

• Options

Oh my goodness MS! Hope you're feeling better today and have had your BP checked. Make sure you're getting plenty of rest x

JJ - Baby out vibes for you! Hope you don't need that sweep!

AFM - I'm getting scared now I've got less than 9 weeks to go! Feel really achey, but luckily I'm using my holiday really sneakily so am on the wind down to mat leave by only doing 3 x 10hr shifts a week... 16 shifts to go (including today) and counting!