Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

**~** Thursday 2nd Tri **~**

Morning! I've been awake since 5am and couldn't settle back to sleep so I thought I'd start the thread for today. How is everyone? MrsL, how are you doing?

We've got a quiet morning but then have F's 2yr 3/4month review this afternoon. Fingers crossed they think he's on track development wise! Still no news on my test results so the waiting game continues, feeling a bit better about things at the moment though. I think the time out on my own yesterday worked wonders. I'm desperate to start buying baby bits but can't bring myself to do it until the results are back. 

Hi hi to those who follow x

Replies

• Options

Morning WG I'm feeling much better today thank you. Going back to work today but going to try and take it a bit easier.

H and I decided to book a babybond scan for Saturday, I think it will help us get through the next 19 days for the nhs one

Hope the results come back soon for you xx

• Options

Morning all,

WG - glad you are feeling better about things. Hope the review goes well this aft.

MrsL - yes make sure you take it easy today. Hope the scan puts your mind at rest.

AFM - finished off taking the wallpaper off in the nursery last night. Going to leave the next step until we get back from holiday. Its back to the plaster but the walls are a little uneven so going to try sand it or if not we'll have to lining paper it :/

I padded out my bed a bit more last night and so far my hips aren't as bad today (touch wood) but I'm going into town in a bit with my mum, sister and nephew so I need to be careful not to overdo it! Last minute-holiday shopping for me!

I also think this is technically my last day in second tri? Can't quite believe it!! X

• Options

Morning everyone.

WG I hope that the results come back soon, waiting isn't fun. Hope f's review goes well.

Mrs l I think a scan is a great idea to help put your mind at rest for a bit. Hope you have a relaxing day ahead.

Browny Thats good that padding the bed helped, enjoy your holiday shopping! Hope that the sanding works on the nursery walls.

Off clothes shopping for baby today, I've waited long enough. Going to try and stick to the basics so we don't end up with too much stuff. H also felt baby on the outside for the first time this morning, it was only slight movement but obviously it will get stronger over time.

• Options

Good Morning ladies!

I have a day off today so I shall be around more over the next couple of days!

WG- I hope the results come back soon. Have they said how long they may take? Enjoy your relaxed morning and Fs review goes well.

MrsL - Pleased to hear that you are feeling better today. Booking a scan is a great idea for some reassurance. I hope you're taking it easy today.

Browny - Enjoy your holiday shopping! When do you go away? Sounds like you've made a good start with the nursery too!

bunny - sorry i didn't get back on to reply to the thread yesterday, I did see your post on FB about your scan. I'm really pleased that all was well!! Enjoy clothes shopping you've done well to wait until now :) Very exciting that H felt baby!! Eeee!!

Afm - A day off today, so a chilled morning. Popping into town later, then sofa shopping. We move next week so need to start buying some furniture!!

Hi to all that follow :)

xxx

• Options

Morning all you lovely lot.

WG - hope the test results come back soon and you can get shopping. I am sure F is thriving, let us know.

Mrs L - don't blame you going for a private scan to put your mind at rest, I think that's a good idea...make sure you flash :)

Browny - can't believe you're off to second tri. I saw your post yday, I think a week away for both your 30's would be a nice idea (obviously). We're staying here, near Bath, if you want inspiration for what sort of thing we've gone for, sure there will be something similar in the Dales www.cottages4you.co.uk/.../new-leaf-farm-cart-shed-evx

Bunny - make sure you flash what you get (on FB if not on here!). So excited for you.

AFM - not much to report. Baby is mega fidgety which is awesome and I just lay in bed this morning feeling himher which makes getting up tricky! My friend has a baby girl yesterday, at home because she came too quickly. So I am off shopping for a pressy this lunchtime, let's hope nothing accidentally falls in my bag!

• Options

Missed you there Boo! Have fun furniture shopping...will this include nursery shopping too?

• Options

MrsL - I'm glad you're taking it easy. Hopefully the scan can put your mind at ease.

Browny - you had a productive evening last night then! Glad the padding in the bed helped with your hips, enjoy shopping today but don't over do it!

Bunny - enjoy baby clothes shopping, I expect to see a flash of what you buy later ;-)

Boo - enjoy your quiet day, sofa shopping beats trekking around the shops.

Gavi - congratulations to your friend, have they named her yet?

For those that asked, the results apparently take 2 weeks - the procedure was done last Wednesday so only just over a week ago. I'm hoping they don't take the full 2 weeks!

• Options

Morning ladies,

WG: Glad to hear you're relaxing a little whilst waiting, it can't be easy. Tbh honest I didn't think much of the 2 year review. They basically had a list of things to see if Isobelle could do them (didn't want to see her do them) & was more of a discussion. I don't have any concerns about her development just wanted to know if she was on track & this didn't really tell me that!! Hope yours goes well & you find it useful. I guess it's more for if you have any concerns to discuss with the HV (depending on how useful yours is of course!!!)

MrsL: So glad to hear that you're feeling better today, definitely continue to take it easy & hope the scan on Saturday goes well

Brownie: Try not to overdo it, I think we all know when we have but always predict what are comfortable limits are. Where are you going on holiday? & how exciting to be joining the 3rd tri!

Bunny: Enjoy baby shopping!!

Boo: Enjoy your day off & have fun furniture shopping for the new place!

Gavi: How fab for lots of movement. Enjoy baby shopping for your friend/you!!

AFM: Yesterday I felt less achy so was fine rehearsing, even did some of it heels to see if I could which is good. Tried on tight white T-shirt for my cheerleading part & for the 1st time properly look pregnant. Was intending to go into work today to get some marking done but slept longer than usual so will work from home today & get lots done & go in tomorrow. Please send me lots of motivational vibes!!! Babywise, 1 week till my scan. Eeek & as Ducky mentioned yesterday I will find out if all that crazy gender swaying did anything! (Not that I'll know if anything I did actually made any difference!). I know I'll be happy as long as the baby is happy but I need to know the gender now!!

Hi to anyone that follows x

• Options

BK - we're now home from the review. I thought exactly the same as you did - she just asked me a load of questions about whether he can do this, that, etc and whether I had any concerns. I got the impression she was happy with everything else she would have said something. There were some toys set out on the floor so she got him to do a puzzle and some building blocks. He was happy to do it for a bit but then decided he was more interested in trying to get his pot of strawberries out of my bag! She managed to weigh him though and he's gained some weight after being poorly a few weeks back so that's good. I hope you're managing to get some work done from home, not long until scan day now!

I've just been sitting here bookmarking hospital bag lists and birth plan examples. You'd think I'd remember all this stuff wouldn't you but it's amazing what you forget in 3 years!

• Options

Gavi - hope you had a successful shopping trip earlier today. Time must run away with you when you just lay there feeling baby move.. amazing :)

BK - I hope you've had a restful day... motivational vibes heading your way!!

Sofa shopping was tiring!! Sitting down, getting up, walking around, sitting down, getting up etc etc. Ugh. We didn't decide on anything, we can't decide between leather and fabric. We've always had fabric in the past but think leather will be better for us long term due as it's so practical etc.

No nursery shopping yet, although we are popping down to Ikea after work on Monday to look at wardrobes and other bits.

• Options

WG - they named her Phoebe, such a lovely name! Clothes shopping went well...until I was just about to wrap it up and realised there was a mark on it. Grrrrr. I'll take it back tomorrow.

BK - glad the aches and pains have gone. What gender swaying stuff did you try?!

Boo - furniture shopping is hard. We couldn't get leather, the cats would murder it!

• Options

Bunny - what did you get today? Any flashes? ;)

Boo - hope you had a relaxing morning and sorry the sofa hunting wasn't overly successful. I definitely think leather is more practical with a little one!

Gavi - thanks for he link I'll have a look! Yes think we will defo do something like that anyway as it'll be nice to mark our birthdays even if it is so close to my EDD! I love just sitting in bed feeling/watching baby move :) gosh can't believe your friends baby came so quick! Glad they are ok and lovely name :)

Blackkat - not long until your scan! Lots of motivational vibes! I really don't know how you do it you must be superwoman! We're going to Spain for a week - I can't wait!

Successful shopping trip, got all the holiday stuff I needed, plus got a 'Cami dress' from primark for labour (£3) a pack of 7 bibs for £3 and a lightweight dressing gown for £7. Picked up my 3 Emma's diary bounty packs too and got some decent freebies in them!

• Options

Boo - we've had our leather sofa 7 years now and it's been fab, especially with F being sick on it as a baby and spilling things on it now. Just wipes clean. If we'd had a fabric one, it would have been totally wrecked by now.

Gavi - Aww Phoebe is a lovely name. I've not come across any IRL. Shame about the present, hope you get it changed okay.

Browny - some bargains there for your hospital bag, I think I'm going to have to go to Primark for my bits!