Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

**~**Tuesday 2nd Tri**~**

Morning, how are we all?

I have my 16 week MW appointment this morning, hopefully get to hear the heartbeat. Then, this afternoon I've got the appointment with a consultant to discuss the cyst I have. Bit nervous about it actually. I'm guessing that they'll surely need to scan me to have a look at it before they decide what to do. If they do hopefully we get another peak at baby! 

We've had a much better night with F, I didnt hear him cough once all night! Perhaps the calpol menthol plug in thing I bought yesterday made a difference. 

I'll  back later to catch up and update x

Replies

• Options

Morning.

Good luck at your appointments today WG. Hopefully you get that extra scan! Glad f seems to be getting better.

I also have my midwife appointment, but its this afternoon! I'm going with a list of questions as the further along I'm getting the more anxious rather than relaxing! Had a dodgy tummy yesterday so hoping it will be fine today.

• Options

Morning!

WG - I gipe today goes well. Pleased to hear that F is on the mend at last. How have you been?

Bunny - I hope today also goes well for you and the MW can reassure you.

AFM - Nothing to report, just the usual random dreams and dashing to the loo at 5.30am every morning. Ugh!

Hi to all that follow!

• Options

I hope your appointment goes well too Bunny. It's completely understandable that you're getting anxious, hopefully the MW can suggest something. I'm hoping to start yoga this week to help me relax.

• Options

Missed you there boo. Waking up for the loo is annoying, I go through stages. Some nights it's every hour or two! Do you remember what your random dreams are about?

• Options

WG - best of luck with your appointments today.  I never tire of hearing the heartbeat....just shame you get fewer appointments second time round to hear it :-( Hope you get scanned too. I find the calpol plug in always works well for O. Everything crossed F is on the mend now.

Bunny - Good luck for your appointment this afternoon. I'm sure everything will be fine but completely understand your nerves. Sending big hugs.

Boo - Sorry about your dreams and early start...baby seems to decide 5.30 is time to start a party in my belly every morning just now!

AFM - O woke up giggling at 6 today, a nice sound to wake to and hoping this means a good day! Off to a toddler group this morning and then a day of sorting stuff in the house. We've some furniture to photograph and sell as it doesn't work in our new house, need to find a new dining table and chairs, and order O's new wallpaper.  Baby wise just the same as usual...an active little thing!  :-)

Hi to all who follow xx

• Options

Morning all!

WG - fingers crossed F is on the mend poor thing. Hope your appointments go well, do come back and update us if you have time :)

*bunny* - I hope the MW can answer your questions and give you some reassurance. Will you be consultant-led this time?

boo - Oh the pregnancy dreams are weird aren't they! I've read that you should keep a dream journal although I've never bothered especially with a toddler to chase round in the morning.

Coco - hope O stays in a good mood! Sounds like a busy but fun day you've got planned. Glad baby is active, love feeling the little kicks and rolls.

AFM - well the last valuation yesterday went well, the agent had a lot of good things to say and we discussed it and think we'll go with them. Even if we achieve a lot less than the asking price we'll still have made quite a bit of money on the flat and enough to move to a house so I am quite chuffed, we were definitely in the right place at the right time. Fingers crossed it actually sells now!! Have made an appointment with the bank for Friday so things are starting to roll. Very nervous about potentially moving whilst heavily pregnant or with a newborn but I do feel happier to get going. Baby-wise loads of kicks, she is so active compared to A, I think I must have had an anterior placenta with him but don't remember anyone telling me. Off to soft play later in the morning then probably just try and get some washing done at home!

• Options

Morning everyone!

WG - enjoy hearing the heartbeat! FX everything is ok with your cyst. Glad F had a better night!

Bunny - I have had IBS quite badly since becoming pregnant and also a tummy bug one week which was horrid! FX yours was a once off. Enjoy the midwife app and ask plenty, that is what they are there for!

Boo- toilet trips are the pits, I have 2/3 every night & getting back over can be difficult. The joys! Are weird dreams common in pregnancy? I dreamt forgot I was pregnant and got drunk but I thought that was me just craving wine haha!

Coco - lovely to have an active baby! Sounds like you are progressing well with the new house :)

Saisi - FX flat sells quickly and you make a good profit. lovely to have an active baby in there :)

AFM - sorry I havent been on in ages, my boss is back and work is still mental and I cant pop on too often during day with her behind me and I try to go for a walk at lunchtime.

Have midwife app tomorrow afternoon & cant wait to hear heartbeat as I rarely feel them moving, must be a lazy one!

Getting bad back and pelvic pain and also carpel tunnel in my right hand first thing & last thing - pregnancy is so glamorous! So I also have a list for my midwife tomorrow.

Hopefully get MAT1 form as well so I can sort out maternity leave dates etc, planning on using 4 weeks annual leave until day before due date then taking a year off.

Hi to all who follow :)

• Options

WG - hope your appointment goes well. love hearing heartbeat!

Bunny - hope your appointment goes well too! I am always armed with questions when I see midwife/consultant

Boo - I hear you on the random dreams! mine were bizarre and very blood thirsty, thankfully they have calmed down now

Coco - sounds like a busy day for you! sounds like the house is taking shape

Saisi - good news about the flat, I think the market is really good at the moment for sellers and buyers, we are thinking of getting in before it gets too stupid but I am not sure I am up for the stress of moving whilst pregnant unless I have to

SaSaSi - Boo to the boss being around, I feel your pain!! mine is in NY this week hence being able to post!  

AFM - sickness bug seems to have gone but  I am still shattered.  Have a two hour call this afternoon and then annother tonight at 9pm when I should be in bed - it sucks at the moment big time.  Have been getting pains and soreness in my lower tummy/ladies bits by the end of the day too which makes getting comfortable in bed hard, OH got the hump with me moving around last night so I told him to sleep on the sofa Laugh don't mess with the pregnant one!

• Options

Afternoon all,

WG - hope the appointment goes well and you can get some reassurance about the cyst with the added bonus of seeing baby again! Let us know how it went? Glad F appears to be feeling better too.

Bunny I hope your appointment also gives you reassurance. Hope all goes well and you get to relax as much as you can.

Boo the 5:30 wake up pee is sooo aggravating! I try to ignore it as much as possible as actually getting out of bed is now becoming a challenge. How I'm going to cope in 10+ weeks time I don't know. I'm getting middle of the night wake ups too as my bladder can now go from empty to bursting in seconds!

Coco- is the house nearly there now? You've managed a qucik turnaround! Also hope you are having a good day as predicted.

Saisi - Ahhhh good news! How exciting. I dont think we will have a moving date for another 8+ weeks so I will let you know how moving goes for us haha. Also we had the new mortgage application process to go through and he took my word for it that I have no hobbies or spend money on clothes or the hairdresser. Pretty sure I sounded like the tightest person on earth but it appears to all be going through! Maybe it depends on the lender for how strict they are. A house will be good, no more lifting a pushchair up loads of stairs!

Sasasi - oh ouch, that's a lot of pain right there. Are you going to ask for a physio referral? Jealous of how much leave you have and of taking a year. I think I could quite easily finish work now. Everything is so much effort!

NB - Here's hoping the phone call knocks you out a bit so you can sleep better. H learnt his lesson? Haha. Will work become less stressful when yiour boss returns?

AFM - I have horrific heartburn at the moment and I'm getting back pain in the same place at night. Trying not to moan too much though as it's been pretty plain sailing so far. Baby was having some kind of rave yesterday and kicked loads so H could feel. He was so happy. Also got good news with H's leg and he doesn't need surgery and can come out of cast in 2 weeks. It will be another couple til he can use it properly but he should be fine for moving and the birth. PHEW!!

Hi to those that follow x

• Options

Hi,

Boo I'm with you on the loo trips! Its so annoying getting back to sleep.

WG thanks. I'm hoping to start yoga, but its quite expensive so waiting til I'm around 24 weeks so I can hopefully do it to due date.

Coco what a beautiful sound to hear. You sound very organised when it comes to the house!

Saisi that's great news about your flat, hopefully things will move quickly once its on the market

Sasasi definitely let your midwife know about your aches and pains. Sounds like a good idea for maternity leave!

Ninabeanie good to hear that the sickness has gone. I hope the calls aren't too bad and your aches and pains ease off.

Jonesy does anything help with the heartburn? That's great that your h could feel baby and that he doesn't need his leg operated on.

Midwife appointment went well. We heard baby's heartbeat which was lovely and heard baby move with a swishy sound which was great as I haven't felt movement yet due to a anterior placenta. She answered all our questions and put me at ease. We don't have to be consultant led as the CVS came back normal, but she will check with the consultant. She's also going to ask him if we can have a later scan and if not she said that later on it maybe that baby's position is not obvious so we would have to be scanned, as in we will find a way to get you a later stage scan!she said that we can see her whenever we want, even weekly if we so wish. We've made an appointment for 22 weeks so we can see her after the 20 week scan. She also put a sticker on my notes so other professionals know we've lost a baby. Will make small talk a lot easier now with them as we do get asked if its our first and then asked about our first as you would do. I also wanted it on for when I go into labour so we don't have to explain why we might be anxious about things.

• Options

That sounds really positive Bunny. Im glad the midwife is being so supportive and yay to more scans!

• Options

Coco - I hope you had a nice time at toddler group this morning and managed to photograph the furniture you're going to sell. Any luck finding some wallpaper and dining set? It took us 2 years to find the dining table we wanted! Hope it doesn't take you that long!

Saisi - it's great that you made a decision about which agent to go with, fingers crossed for a quick sale. Have you seen anything that takes your fancy?

SaSaSi - boo to work being busy and the boss being back! Going for a walk at lunchtime must be a nice break, I used to try to get out for a bit most days - I found the fresh air helped to clear my head. Good luck with your MW appointment tomorrow.

NB - I hope the tiredness soon passes, I find it takes a while to get over a sickness bug. Long calls late at night suck, do you mind me asking what you do?

Jonesy - heartburn is awful, you have my sympathies. I used to swig Gaviscon from the bottle before bed! Great news about your H's leg, I know what it's like to have a H in plaster. Mine was off his feet for 12 weeks last summer, completely ruined our holiday plans!

Bunny - pleased to hear your appointment went well, I'm jealous that your MW listened for the heartbeat! x

AFM, I'm feeling a bit deflated after my appointments today. I was hoping the MW would try to listen for the heartbeat but apparently, because with 2nd pregnancies the appointment is at 16 weeks rather than 18 weeks, they don't usually try to listen for it as it can still be a little early. My next appointment isn't supposed to be until 28 weeks but I think she picked up on my anxiousness over everything and said she'd be happy to see me at 25 weeks. On a plus note, my previous MW has been moved elsewhere and I have a new MW who is much more on the ball so I'm pleased about that.

With regards to the consultant appointment this afternoon, she didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. They'll assess the cyst again when I have my 20 scan but she thinks it's likely that no action will be needed and it can just be ignored. I'm actually quite surprised she didn't want to check it today but there we go. She has made a note that I can have a scan to check it 6 weeks post birth and if it hasn't gone maybe look into having it removed. It makes me wonder whether it's something I've had a while and that's what was causing my bleeding on the pill. Anyway, I guess we shall see.

• Options

WG sorry you feel deflated but its good to hear that your new midwife is more on the ball and at least you get to go back earlier. That's good that the consultant isn't too bothered by the cyst and um sure they will have a good look at 20 weeks.

• Options

I'm certainly pleased to have a different MW, this one is younger and easier to talk to. I know I shouldn't wish the time away but roll on 20 week scan, I'm eager to find out what we're having!

• Options

WG - I am an EA/Project Manager for a Global HR Team hence the late/early calls. We are spread across US, Sydney, Latin America, Hong Kong and Manila plus the UK. Love my job, hate some of the in practicalities of it! X

• Options

WG I'm too hoping that the next 4 weeks go quickly!

Wow Nina that's a lot of places! Do you get to visit any?

• Options

I think it's great that you love your job. I wish I could find something I loved doing x

• Options

I do get to travel quite a bit, will be off to Sydney in January possibly with Baby

• Options

That sounds amazing x