Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

*~*~ Thurs 1st Tri ~*~*

Morning all,

Apologies for only making a brief appearance yesterday, bumped into a mum from nursery on the train then was real busy at work. 

Congrats again Daisy and Mrs V on your scans.

Imp, I've been thinking of you and your H a lot the past few days xx

AFM, second awful nights sleep in a row. I think all the anxieties are building up. Having really vivid and frightening dreams, too sens to go into. As a result I'm shattered. Apart from a spotty face, which far from only occurs in pg for me, all my symptoms have gone. I need Saturday (private scan) to hurry up so I can be reassured for a few weeks at least.

BG 7+2

Replies

• Options

Morning all

BG I keep thinking about Imp too. I hope she is ok. I hope your scan day hurries up for you.

AFM decided Im going to stay here until sat and then move over to 2nd tri. If thats ok with you ladies. So glad everyone knows now :) although my dept manager has gone into full panic mode about my cover!

• Options

Morning ladies,

Thinking of Imp and MrImp here too.

BG, hope Saturday comes round quickly.

Mrs V, you're welcome to stay as long as you want.

AFM, booking in yesterday, had forgotten what an anti-climax it is, but MW seems lovely. Off to get bloods done at the hospital today then do some shopping in town - I became an auntie again yesterday as H's brother and his partner had a baby boy, so looking forward to choosing a gift today.

M

11+2

• Options

Morning

Bg my symptoms have not been strong at all and ive had scans and they have proved u dont need symptoms for things to progress.

Mrsv yes its fine to stick with us til sat....whenever your ready.

Afm ive got another scan on sat as we are telling parents on sun so wanted a baby shape scan pic lol. Booking appointment went ok yesterday and have 12 week scan booked for 25th feb which is our 6 months wedding anniversary.  

Yes I cant stop thinking of imp I just cant believe it and im just wishing for a miracle on tues x

• Options

Hi all I'm on the train on my phone so can't really do personals or I will miss my stop!

Woke up feeling very rough this morning. You know when you eat a big meal late at night and then in the morning it's sitting on your stomach? That's how I've felt the past few mornings, steadily gettin worse it's very uncomfortable today!

Talked to H about a private scan yesterday just as a reassurance, simply because I feel I know too much about risks etc which is the downside to being on a forum like this, he said if I want one we can have one but I don't know whether I'm just making a fuss. We'll see.

Love to all and thoughts are with imp xxx

• Options

Morning.

BG - Hope the week hurrys up for you.

MrsV. Such a relief to be able to share. We're telling family at the weekend. Want to do it in person.

Margot - have fun choosing a gift.

Boris - that's a nice date to have your scan. Little double celebration

Rod - hope you're not too uncomfortable today.

AFM - another thinking about Imp lots. Hope she's lurking. Today H has taken D swimming as I'm full of the cold. Been off half the week as felt so dizzy and lightheaded. Even my safety food of peanut butter sandwiches hasn't worked. Feeling a little bit more normal today so off to town to meet a friend for lunch then some shopping. Must resist cute baby clothes. We have a loft full. Got my 20week scan date yesterday, 3rd April. Just before D's 2nd birthday and my parent's will be down. Also my Granddad died on Tuesday. It was very expected as he had terminal Cancer. My Nanna managed to be with him which was nice. Apparently he gave her a smile then drifted away.  

Hi to all that follow x

• Options

Morning everyone,

BG - try not to stress, although i understand thats practically impossible.  I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight

Mrs V - date buddy!!  I'm moving over on sunday/monday depending on when i'm on.

margot - good luck with the bloods, i was surprised at the amount they robbed me of!  4 vials i think it was!  Have fun baby stuff shopping!

Boris - not long now then, only two days!

Rod - yes, i've had to really reduce my portion size (ooh er mrs).  otherwise it just sits giving me heartburn and maknig me feel sick and stuffed.

Daisy - sorry to read about your grandad, i hope you and your nanna and everyone are alright.

AFM - symptoms seem to have all gone now and i've got all my energy back.  I am struggling to stay focused at work thoguh, but i get like that now and then anyway.  I'm not going to let myself come back in here now until lunch time!  Just had a row with hubs on the phone in the office which wasn't pleasant.  We used to keep our washing seperate, a sort of throw back from when i first moved in and didn't want him to do my washing (he never separated lights from darks...) But a couple of months ago i decided that enough was enough, we're grown ups and we can both do our fair share (i wash his clothes).  So, i bought two laundry baskets, one for lights and one for darks.  I did two loads of washing at the weekend and i've done none since.  I find it easier to just wash at the weekend, since those are my days off.  Hubs works 3/4 long (12 hour) shifts a week and has random days off, this week tuesday, today and saturday.  So he just rang at work, said that the dark basket is full and the plan wasn't working so he's spent the last half an hour separating our clothes to have a basket each.  I'm hormonal.  Why didn't he spend just five minutes of that half an our putting a load of washing on???  He said that he does't have time when doing washing to pick out his clothes from mine.  Why is he still just washing his own clothes??? selfish g i t.

• Options

Morning,

BG – hope you manage a better night’s sleep tonight. Saturday is almost here, try to worry until then. Remember symptoms will come and go as they like.

Mrs V – I’ll be following you over there on Monday, I think.

Margot – minus the bloods sounds like you have a good shopping trip planned. Hope you manage to find something gorgeous for your new nephew.

Boris – not long now until Saturday and then Sunday when you get to your parents they’ll be grandparents!

Rod – hope things have settled and you’re feeling a bit better now.

Daisy – so sorry to hear about your Grandad but that’s lovely that your Nanna was able to be by his side, especially if he left her with a smile. I hope you are all managing, my thoughts are with your family. Pregnancy wise, oh no, hope you’re peanut butter sandwiches become your safety food again – that sounds a good one to have.

Pombear – that does sound like your H made life more difficult for himself rather than just putting a dark wash on? Glad your symptoms seem to have gone, maybe they are right that second tri is when you get to finally bloom in pregnancy. And your body is getting ready for that now…

Imp – I know you’re probably not reading this but I hope you’re doing ok, lovely.

AFM – my symptoms have all pretty much gone, though my spotty face has reappeared just in time for H’s birthday weekend away. I was doing so well yesterday with no tears until I spoke to my Grandad on the phone – and he ended the call saying ‘love you’, he doesn’t say this kind of thing! I was too shocked to even react until I got off the phone and it sunk in and then the tears began rolling!

Hope you all have a good day and hello to all those who follow. x

• Options

No time for more personals I'm afraid but my dept manager has just announced that my boss is going on a secondment next month! For 6-9 months!! Hence the panic when I told him my news yesterday, talk about bad timing :(

• Options

Eeshk, that is bad timing.  I can top trump you though.  In July our hospital is being aquired by another hospital.  In June we're going to have to reapply for our own jobs.  I need to somehow make myself sound so brilliant in the interview that they'll want to imploy me, despite the fact that I'll be on maternity leave for the first five months of the new world.  Not good.

• Options

hi everyone.

hope you are all ok.

i feel absolutely horrific today. i was late in because ifelt bad and i have to stay late, even though i feel bad to make up the time. i honestly feel horrible and really tearful. i might just have a good cry.  no reason for it im just being silly and feeling sorry for my self. :( poor me x

• Options

oh twink, the hormones are a sod aren't they? poor you xxx

I've forgiven hubs, he's text me to say he's bought 9 things for the baby but he won't tell me what they are!

• Options

Oh Pombear that isn't good! Hopefully it will be all ok for you.

And yes we are date twins :)

• Options

Umm girlies, lots of you are into 2nd tri, come over and keep me company...mind you I've only posted once so far...I never have time to get on!