Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

*Thursday 1st tri*

Morning all,

How are we all doing? Hope nausea isn't causing too much of a problem!

I felt sooo sick last night, I was dry heaving all evening :( I made frittata for dinner and it really turned my stomach.

ILs have got S for a few hours today so that I can blitz the house a bit, got nct friends coming round tomorrow and all the boys are mobile now so I had a freak out last night about how much of a death-trap our house is. Even though it can't be that bad because S is surviving fine Laugh. I'm blaming pregnancy hormones!

Be back on later to see how everyone is doing :)

Popcorn 6+6

Replies

• Options

Morning Popcorn!  It's amazing how much you need to move and cover with small fast hands about!  I had to give in a put the fire guard up around the fireplace even though we don't use the fire at all, W wouldn't stop climbing on the harth (sp)

I went to the doctors this morning to get the referral process started.  I can't believe how much i've forgotten from the first time.  It's a bit complicated because i'm planning on having baby in Glasgow, but my local MW is connected to Larbert, so i'll need to get my booking done at the hospital in Glasgow and not at my local GPs, even though my antenatal care will be with my local MW.  I had problem after problem with getting myself booked in the last time, but at least this time i know what i should be expecting.

Met my older sister when we were leaving the doctors...She apparently has Shingles! But she's not contagious yet, so i should be ok...

• Options

Hi RKB,

I'm so bad, I haven't got my appointment with the gp until a week Monday, when I will be 8 weeks. It was supposed to be tomorrow but I had to move it. I think I'm in denial because I'm being so lazy about getting it all started lol. You're much more organised than me! I will try and make the effort to call next week and see if they have had any cancellations. We've not told anyone at all yet so yes, I'm definitely in denial.

Bad news about your sister, is she feeling ok? Have you had chicken pox? If so, you should be ok in theory. My boss had shingles when I was pregnant and she was so worried but my gp said I would be fine, and I was :)

Care in your area does sound a bit complicated but at least you're prepared this time, hope it doesn't take ages!

• Options

I just popped into the doctors this morning and asked to be referred.  I now just need to wait on my letter for my appointment coming in!  I'm kind of glad i know how it works, as i remember it being such an anticlimax when i went before as i thought it would all kick off straight away, and of course, it doesn't really.

Sister is feeling uncomfortable, and would like it to go away as soon as possible, but she's got meds to help, so here's hoping it'll clear quickly!

Care in my area shouldn't be that complicated.  Glasgow is closer for me than Larbert, and not to mention that i work in Glasgow, so getting to any appointments is much easier than having to drive an hour to get to the hospital for an appointment that might only be 20 minutes or so!

We'll be telling  H's family this weekend.  My family know, but we live close to them, and my little sister watches W, so we had to tell her!

• Options

Afternoon ladies. A bit late getting on today as I've officially had a day off to do some jobs round the house and to pack for our holiday next week. As you'll both know it's not quite so easy to keep up with the housework these days!

I remember feeling exactly the same first time round RKB - in our area, you don't get your booking in until the same day as your scan, so it's pretty much two whole months of nothing after the referral is made. My sister, who is in the same NHS trust, but a different county, had her booking in around 6-8 weeks, which I think is much better, as at least it feels like you're doing something.

We are booked in for an early scan in Manchester on the day we get back from holiday. There's no clinic anywhere near me, so it made sense to get it done that day. All being well, we'll stop with my parents on the way home and tell them then.