Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Acupuncture for SPD

I was a sceptic, how much can little needles help with crippling SPD pain?

Turns out its amazing. One session. Yep one session. 

I went in limping and wincing thanks to an hour at the local retail park. 

25 needles on my front then quite a few more in my lower back and bum.

A hour later I got off the bed and didn't wince. I walked to the car, aware of the ache and pain but not limping or feeling any grinding. At home I've walked up the stairs and felt ok. The pain is there but its so much better, 100x different.

Depending on how I feel in the morning will determine how many sessions / how often I see her. I've been in tears with SPD for 4 nights out of every 7 on average, tonight I'm sat comfortably crocheting. Got to be a good thing right?!

Money well spent. 

So. Fellow SPD sufferers. Yes it's not cheap but honestly, if you can, give it a try. If it helps even a tiny bit then it's worth it.

Replies

• Options

I don't get the instant pain reduction but I have found it has helped me lots too! How much do your sessions cost? mine was £45 for initial and £25 thereafter

• Options

£45 initial then each one is £35

Interesting that you're finding it helps too, I'm really surprised TBH at the quick results!

• Options

Thats amazing! So glad it has helped. I was the same with the chiro - its such a relief (makes the cost easier to stomach!). X

• Options

It helps mine, but its only a short-term relief.  Both my acupuncturist and phsyio said that their aim would be to help me for the next few days, but that it won't solve the problem, so it'll come back.

• Options

Short term is fine with me, any kind of relief is relief as far as I'm concerned!

• Options

So glad it's made a difference! Different matter, but I did it during IVF and it was AMAZING - I would leave there a different person, and I really believe it upped our very small chance of success - I'm a total convert! Hope it continues to improve it.

• Options

OMFG, this is amazing news Hep Bounce I'd pay that everyday for some relief, the pain is unbearable and soul destroying. I will watch your progress with extreme interest. Great news!!!

• Options

Oooh really! I might look into this! Keep us posted on how you get on with it :)

• Options

Today I have still felt good. Pain is there but so much more manageable and H has commented that I'm not walking like a Granny!

I've booked another appointment for next Wednesday at 6pm. So will see how I go between now and then.

GB - Give it a go, honestly I was so surprised but it was fabulous!