Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any tips for surviving 4 days staying with the inlaws?!!!

So we've only been here just over a day & they're driving me up the wall. I hate being so out of control. Yesterday we didn't arrive till 2 but then lunch wasn't till 3 which was hard for Isobelle who ate her way through a satuma & bread before we actually got lunch. & today I asked what was for lunch (I hate having to ask) & the response was that they weren't going to have any lunch. Which is fine for them but not for a nearly 2 year old with the appetite of a large horse! They then cooked us 2 slices of cheese on toast & I felt like a greedy pig having to ask for a second slice for myself. Arghhhhh

Replies

• Options

Sounds awful.  We just spent over a week with my mom and my brother, his wife, and their two kids (2-1/2 and 8 mo), and my sister in law just did her own thing getting food ready for the buys when they were hungry.  Could you not make your own lunch?  When I'm at my in-laws overnight, they expect me to be able to toast my own bread and get jam or whatever out of the fridge myself, would your in-laws not want you to do that?  Couldn't you bring or go buy pouches and food for your daughter specially?

• Options

I could try that but I don't know if they've got other things specifically. I like to eat as a family as I think she eats more when she sees others eating as well, which is why I hate it when they just sit & stare at her eating (like they did when they made just her a sandwich yesterday before bed). I'm confident in what I do as a mother but everything my MIL says just feels like a dig at me & my parenting. & I hate it when they call me mummy. Think I'm just wound up by everything. Need to get out tomorrow!!

• Options

Where is hubby?

My in laws bend over backwards for the kids.

• Options

Tips for surviving = wine!!! LOL

• Options

Love the wine comment! The problem is I have a lot more arguments with wine inside me!!

• Options

Lol saw the title of this thread and my first thought was take a deep breath and count to 10....wine is the other option....seriously though how can they expect the wee one to have no lunch poor I x x x  thoughts are with you....when you home lol x

• Options

Not sure im much help as I simply wouldnt survive!! Cant your H help, theyre his parents?! In the mean time.....wine!!!

• Options

no tips BK - i just survived 3 nights with my ILs and struggle big time.

I'm a massive home girl and like my own bathroom, my own bed and my own things.  I find it's the intensity of staying with other people's fmaily which i really struggle with