Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any top tips for avoiding the stitches sting?

I have a 2nd degree tear and although it was fine at first, has started stinging when I wee. I've been recommended getting a measuring jug and pouring water on my lady bits while weeing, sure it's not as easy as it sounds but will give it a go!
Any other top tips or suggestions?!

Replies

• Options

My friend used to wee in the shower and just sprayed the shower head on herself, and my other friend used to soak a flannel and hold it against her stitches and then wee

• Options

Apparently drinking loads helps, as it dilutes the wee even though you'll probably be going more often. Have my sympathy though, I remember the pee sting more than the labour pain!

• Options
    Thanks ladies, i did go in the shower this morning which helped but its a bit of a faff for each time.ive tried a wad of loo paper rather than a flannel which does help but is a bit messy!

im trying to drink lots but i do keep thinking that I'll just have to go again soon!!

weekender, how long did it last for you?!
  • Options

Ooh I can't really remember! 4-5 days maybe? Just long enough for it to start healing then boobs to turn to rocks as milk comes in!

• Options

I didn't have stitches, just a graze, but still got the sting.

I leant forwards when I was on the loo, so the urine "dropped" and avoided my grazes. That prob doesnt make sense, but next time you go for a wee, lean forward, see if it helps.

• Options

Wee in the bath, or yeah, fill a jug with warm water and a drop of lavender oil and pour it over your bits as you wee. Only way to stop the sting for me.

• Options

Oh its horrible! I used a jug for a bit but then just suffered. Second time i onky grazed so no stitches and it was heaven

• Options
    Thanks ladies, im going to give the jug ago! I tried leaning forward AK but still seems to hit the effected area :-( having the stitches, well the numbing injection was one of the worst parts of the whole labour!!